• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Undiagnosed Hello, I'm New.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellatrix

New Here
Hi there,

It took me a while to build up the courage to join, but I'm hoping I made the right choice. I haven't officially been diagnosed with PTSD, but the majority of my therapists feel it is a major part of my mental health issues. I was s*xually abused as a child, which resulted in various issues before I addressed the trauma. I developed an eating disorder, self harmed and have attempted suicide on multiple occasions. I have had a lot of professional support in the past, for the ED and suicide etc but very few people know about the trauma and I am only recently accepting what has happened. A big part of my previous coping mechanism was denial, I never opened up to anyone about what happened until the past year of so. I have been seeing a therapist for the past 6 months who is helping me deal with the trauma, but I'm not currently in a safe enough place to talk about it effectively. I recently disclosed the abuse to my GP.

I'm struggling a lot with dissociation, self harm, and suicidal thoughts. I'm still unable to talk about the past, but I'm hoping when I can it will mean I can start to heal. I'm having some difficulty staying safe and staying out of hospital, and I'm feeling quite alone at the moment. The dissociation is currently one of the biggest problems as it limits my functioning and makes me harder to stay safe.

Not sure whether this is what I am supposed to say here... but nice to meet you all.

Lovely to hear from you and welcome . Sorry to hear about your traumas but uve definitely come to the right place , you'll receive lots of support here from genuine people who will understand what you've been through and going through. Everyone has a past some more traumatic than the rest but in the end it's still trauma and that's y we here to receive support. Good luck in your journey and embrace all he support you get from here . There's some very special here who will support you every step of the way and not judge you at all x all the best x namenotdiagnosis x

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. You are not alone here, I too was molested as a child and it really messes up one's life a lot.

I find this place to be very healing for my body, mind and spirit. I am frank here about what happened to me, whereas in life there is no one who really understands except my best friend who is also PTSD. Hers is a very different trauma from mine though, and once we shared our stories with one another, we don't dwell upon it. We visit and talk about other things now.

Anyway, I find this forum to be a wonderful place to share about all kinds of things in my life that are part of being PTSD. Everyone is understanding here and folks can also tell me about similar things that have happened to them. This makes one feel a lot less alone.

Welcome to this forum, and may you find the healing you need here, especially between therapy sessions.

One of my favorite threads here is YOU KNOW YOU HAVE PTSD WHEN.... it is in the SOCIAL section. That thread is all about what we suffer in life and one can compare things with other folks who have PTSD. I learned a lot of things in my life that I had no idea were related to being PTSD there. When others share what happens to them, I can compare notes and say, "Yes, that happens to me a lot too!" Everyone here is so understanding.

Lovely to hear from you @Bellatrix.

I'm new here too ... but even in the first few days just talking and being heard has made a difference ... it's brought me out of a silent dark hopeless void into a space where no one thinks you are imagining, pretending, exaggerating, feeling sorry for yourself .... no labelling - no judgement ...just as it is.

It may be in cyberspace but we are all real - just tying to cope with something that has changed our lives.

Thank you all so much! This has been such a warm welcome, I really appreciate you all taking the time to reply to my thread. I'm sorry so many of you are struggling and have been through such terrible things, but there is a part of me that is glad I'm not so alone.

I hope to be able to make some friends here and feel supported as well as support others. Thank you again. Much love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back