1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hello, is There Really Hope? 5 Years of Therapy and Still Suffering

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by bookitty, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bookitty

bookitty New Member

Hi,
    I've suffered from ptsd for 5 years, I was in therapy for four years and had gotten things pretty much under control. I have since moved away and gotten married and my symptoms have come back. It scares me that things can change so much so fast. Some days I feel as though I've never had therapy and can't remember how it feels not to hurt or be angry. On top of all that I worry about what it is doing to my husband. He is the most wonderful man. He is supportive and wants to help. He gets the brunt of my anger and I don't mean to do it, but it seems like I have no control over my emotions. I plan to return to therapy, but due to financial reasons, I can't return right away. I have an extremely hard time talking to anyone about my PTSD and I'm at a loss as to what to do. My husband found this forum and I thought I would give it a try.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome Boo..

Your husband found the right place. Our forum is packed with information, sufferers, spouses and even some self-help therapy, which many of us are using due to lack of resources, finances or therapists that have a clue. I look forward to chatting with you!

bec

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Hi Boo. Your story is familiar. It seems that when I am the most happiest and stable, the fog clears and I can see all the issues that I had not dealt with. But now you have another chance to do that. This forum is a great place to start. First of all you're not alone. And second, we support each other in whatever place we are in our journey to heal. Your husband found a good one!

I hope that you will feel that contentment in life that you once had very soon. There is hope. Even if you can't start therapy one on one, starting it here is a very good place to start. Welcome, Boo.

Nam

5. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

welcome to the forum, boo. this is a good, safe place. Yes, there is hope!
    cathy

6. GodSeeker

GodSeeker Active Member

Welcome Boo. I am to new in this forum and it is good to know that we arent alone to fight this problem. And yes, there is hope because we all are normal, simply scarred and need to recover trust in the world. Welcome again.

7. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

I am really glad that you decided to give us a try! There is also a wonderful support for your husband under the spouses section. Please encourage him to join as well.

I totally here you about the finances part. It's frustrating, isn't it? But despite that, you are reaching out. You are in the right place!

If you are comfortable sharing, what caused your PTSD?

PM anytime! I look forward to learning more about you. Welcome!!!!!!

8. wildcritter44

wildcritter44 Active Member

Welcome Bookitty,

Welcome to the forum. There are quite a few of us that are spouses of the PTSD sufferer. Be sure to let your hubby know neither of you are alone on this rough road...
    Looking forward to hearing from you both!
    Hugs to you both...

D (wildcritter)

9. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Boo, welcome to the forum. Plenty said above... and look forward to chatting more with you.

10. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome Boo, nuther southerner here. PTSD tx isn't a cure-all quite a few folks in this forum have/going thru the same things. Thats why this forum is so great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar