1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hello - Lost My Entire Family in 3 Years

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jdoyle33, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdoyle33

jdoyle33 New Member

I am a 40 year old female who suffers from PTSD.
    I lost my entire Family in a series of un-related events in a about a 3 year span .My Step Father (best friend ) 1n 97 .My only Sibiling My Sister in 2000 .I didn't like her , It makes me feel bad , My Mom 10 months later . My Mom was in a coma for 5 days and I had to remove her from Life support . My Biological Dad died when I was 7 in a truck accident .
    I was 7 months pregnat with my son when my Step dad died in 97 . Just 42 days after being Diagnosed with cancer . My Sis died of a Heroin overdose . My Mom collapsed in a store parking lot not breathing . In 99 My husband and I did cpr on a neighbors child 20 months old .Who did not survive his death was probably due to neglect he was gone already 3 hours when 911 call was made .
    I while browsing around this site read something about fear . I live with terrible amounts of fear . I am married with 2 kids .My Daughter is 20 and shows definate signs of anxiety or PSTD too . My son is 10 and has Asperger's disorder .
    I Live in Michigan . Although I was born in New Orleans .
    Just trying to find someone to connect with . I have no real friends .I cannot call my Therapist everyday . And the stresses and struggles of life keep Coming at you .
    My marriage is more than likely over . I have only been in therapy 3 weeks and that is because I went to Er and asked for help .We are un insured , they wanted to commit me to the Psych ward and as much as I could used a vacation from my life , family , SELF . I have no one to care for my Son .
    I like my therapist she seems to be Sassy enough to stand up to me . She gave me her cell phone # , but I feel guilty to have to call . An Hour a week is not enough time to cover a life unravelling at the seems .
    I feel almost guilty , typing this out I know so many have it so much worse than I do . I just really want to get healthier and I have to stop isolating myself . I am afraid and alone

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi Jdolye, welcome to the forum.

4. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi Jdoyle33,

Welcome to the forum.

Lisa

5. susane99

susane99 Member

Hi Jdoyle33. Welcome. It's good that you are asking for help. You deserve it and there really are people who care and can help.

Susane

6. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Hi :hello:, JDoyle, and Welcome to the forum.

Hope

7. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

Welcome......I also have PTSD but i also have a son with aspergers....he is 12. We are here to help support you.

8. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum.......My grandson also has Aspergers too......Weird how so many children are Dx'ed on the spectrum lately.

9. jdoyle33

jdoyle33 New Member

Thanks everyone for the greetings
    It is easier after the first post to type again.
    Where do you go from here into the general chat ???
    Last night after typing this I was feeling pretty emotional , I faied to mention we were never notified of my Sis death , we had to call hospitals in detroit and find her . Then on to Wayne county ME to identify her .
    While that was traumatic really think it was removng my Mom from Life Support and waithing for her to die . I was coming un glued couldn't stay couldn't leave
    My Name is Paula , glad to be here

10. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome to the forum Paula

bec

11. splost76

splost76 Sleep Management Editor

Hey Paula,
    Welcome to the forum, and it is no ones place to judge if one has suffered more than others, we all have suffered and each ones suffering is bad for them. We are here to help and you to share wisdom with us as well, some days are bad and others seem to be better. Hope to see you in here lots, and wishing you the best.
    Shane

12. two_isles

two_isles New Member

Welcome Paula,
    You have definitely had more than your share of life (and death)in a short span.
    My sister's son has Asberger's.
    She sent me a book called: A Mother Held Hostage by Barbara Borntrager. Her son had Tourette's and ADD. My sister said she uses this book as nearly a bible and daily comfort.
    My sister's health has deteriorated to the point of having chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, all due to the stress of having to deal with her son.
    Hope this can be of some use.
    I think educating your spouse as you go along will make it more understandable for both of you.

13. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Paula, welcome to the forum. Sorry that such incidents had to occur to you, though now your here which means you want to deal with it. Well done, and welcome....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar