• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hello - New and Diagnosed With PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marilyn_S

MyPTSD Pro
Hello,
I'm new here and have been diagnosed with PTSD. My step dad also has PTSD from being in the Veitnam War. I am glad to be here and think it will be nice to get to know others with PTSD. :hello:

Thank You Veiled

Guess since this is an introduction I should tell a little bit about me. I was diagnosed with PTSD a few years back when I started having flashbacks about bad things that happened when I was a kid. I still struggle with stuff but just don't care anymore. I am a mom and a wife and I currently teach preschool. Alot of other stuff has happened but perhaps I'll talk about that when I've been here a little longer.

Glad you are trying to open up some. You are not alone having delayed flashbacks or memories. You obviously care as you sought us out, and that is a good thing for you and your family. Many mothers and wives here, along with many others. And you will be happy to know not the only teacher.

Look around and I am sure in no time you will be ready to take the leap into telling your story and getting real life experiences into healing.

Its kind of sad that alot of other people have delayed flashbacks but its nice to know I'm not so alone in my experiences. However, it will probably take me a really long time to ever talk about what happened. In the past I have opened up to people who said they were there to support me and ended up getting both insulted and very deeply hurt. Its hard to forget stuff like that although I know not all people are like that. Its just really hard to trust anymore. I want to so that I can beat this PTSD stuff but I get really scared that if I do I'll just get injured or rejected. I don't want pity or anything but just somehow to feel like its OK to be who I am along with the experiences I've had.

AdaRuth,

Here you can say whatever you want, and no one will blink and eye....We have been through the same and in no way will any of us treat you badly......

When you are ready to talk about your issues, you will, and you will be in a safe place to do it here.....

Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back