1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hello, New Here - Police, Military and Corrections Officer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 9Lives, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9Lives

9Lives Active Member

Hi everyone. I'm not sure how to begin other than I have PTSD which was diagnosed 14 years ago while I was in the military. My life has been difficult (as I'm sure all of yours has been too). When I was 3, my father died of diabetes Type I (my only memory of him) & my mom, younger brother, & were left homeless. Soon afterwards, I saw my grandfather have a heart attack & die right in front of me (my only memory him too). I was also physically, mentally, & sexually abused by a family member as well as a babysitter. I was later violently raped in a foster home & then twice more while in the military. I've also had a few near death experiences (car crashes, in surgery, and as an El Nino accident victim). I was also in Turkey during the horrible earthquakes of '99 & lost my second baby in utero shortly afterwards. I dealt with cervical dysplasia/micro-intrusive cancer for 4 years and currently deal with diabetes Type II, depression, anxiety, hypertension, PVCs, tachycardia, neuropathy/nerve pain, migraines, & fibromyalgia. I do receive medication & therapy from the military & the VA but, because I am raising a 2 y/o, it is difficult to see them as often as I probably need to (which is why I am here - to seek support, share stories, & perhaps even provide advice if I am able).

Well, thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Take care,
    ~ 9 Lives (although technically, I'm probably down to 2 lol!)

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Monarch

Monarch I'm a VIP Premium Member

Wow, that is quite a life you have lead. Are you a single Mom? I have a 2 year old also, it is tough, hang in there though, this is a good place to be, but you have to make the effort.

4. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Hi 9Lives and Welcome!

:hello: Good thing you found the forum for support and much useful knowledge. Welcome aboard, and hope to be seeing you around the forum.

Hope

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi 9lives, welcome to the forum.

6. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hey, 9 welcome to hte forum

7. 9Lives

9Lives Active Member

Hello, New PTSD Lady Here (let's try this again)

Hi everyone. I sent out a new post a few days ago but, it disappeared on me so, I'd like to introduce myself again. I call myself 9Lives (although I probably only have 2 left, lol) & I have been suffering with chronic PTSD (as well as other medical problems) for 14 years now.

Long story short, my PTSD was brought on by years of physical, mental, and sexual abuse. Throw in a few violent rapes, near death experiences, a natural disaster, assaults, some harrassment, a couple of high-risk jobs, a few accidents, a couple of miscarriages, and some major medical issues. Mix them all together & you have ME!

But, I'm happy to say I'm finally receiving medical help & counseling (hopefully it's not too late) but, I wanted to sign on here for extra support 'cause I'm probably going to need it! Plus, feel free to correspond with me - chances are, I'll understand almost anything you have to say & hopefully I can share some advice or coping skills. Take care & try & have a good day!

8. 9Lives

9Lives Active Member

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome. It's good to get all of that stuff off my chest! I'm not a single mom but, because my spouse works at least 10-12 hrs every day & doesn't understand PTSD or any of my problems, it feels like I'm a single parent. But, my son is such an awsome little boy! Having him in my life is what gets me up everyday & I try very hard to be a good mom so he he'll have wonderful childhood memories. Well, thanks again & c-ya on here!

9. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

Hello 9Lives,

I'm glad you are here. Welcome! Sounds like you've been through the gammit! I can relate to your motherhood joy. I have an 8 year old son, 19 & 16 year old daughters and two adult step kids. They bring me alot of joy. I think you will find this a good place to be. I have learned alot and continue to grow in my healing. A good thing to do is to make sure and read all the information stuff. You'll find alot of useful information there. Good fortune on your healing journey!

Regards,
    Marilyn S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar