• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hello. new here. ptsd 1st, drugs 2nd, schizoaffective 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellsOcean

New Here
hi im new here. I was diagnosed with schizoaffective in 2010 and I'm 27 now. After reading and recovering since then I have realized a lot of stuff and reflected a lot. I realized I had a lot of trauma. My old therapist and my psychiatrist never concerned much with my past, or the trauma I was facing in the present. So I started seeing a trauma therapist because I didn't think that portion of my life had enough attention. Well I've only had 3 sessions so far but my new therapist seems to think my schizoaffective was drug induced. I was tortured under the influence of a high dose of lsd in January of 2010. I always thought that the acid trip made my schizoaffective worse but thought I was already going through a prodromal state because there was something wrong with me previously. But my new therapist seems to think my fantasy world was a coping mechanism for my ptsd from childhood trauma. And my blank thinking wasn't so blank after all. It was just misplaced, my thinking, that is.

So I'm doing pretty well but after revealing parts of my life I've never really revealed to people I come to revelation that ptsd came first. Drugs came second. Then schizoaffective and furthered worse ptsd came 3rd.

I still have schizoaffective but I probably wouldn't have got it if not for drugs. But I think the ptsd is what lead to the drugs in the first place.

I don't have a med card yet but medical marijuana really helps me. All my friends have cards for their ptsd. And they let me smoke their medical weed. I can't explain it. And I don't drive high or smoke before important things or anything but I know it helps me. It always has helped my anxieties. Even when I first started in 2008. Besides maybe a 2 year period it made my anxiety worse. I also really like cbd. I vape cbd as I smoke so I like the high cbd strains.

I'm on naltrexone, abilify, klonopin and Zoloft.

My meds really help. All of them. I think it is a miracle how much the meds help me. For example the naltrexone helps with psychosis and depression and anxiety when it shouldn't!

I started Zoloft 25 days ago. I'm 27 days since drinking 1 beer. I stopped drinking alcoholically when I started naltrexone but still drank a little. When i added Zoloft it erased ALL cravings. I think it interacts with naltrexone in that way. I can drink zero now.

I'm on ssdi but I'm an aspiring musician. That's my goal in life. Hip hop.

Well that's all. Peace!

Welcome ! glad you found us...a wonderful combination of listening, hearing, validating and supporting here.... Hope you find what you need . glad you are here.

Hi there HellsOcean welcome. Sorry for what brought you here. Glad that you were able to find us. Peace be safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back