• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hello - New here - PTSD from Gun/Domestic Violence

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJE

New Here
Hi - I suffer from PTSD from a couple traumatic events, that happened with my 1st husband, 15 years ago. I suppressed most memories for 10 - 12 years even thou I have a very apparent physical injury, I choose to shut out the abuse factor. This in turn has eaten me up inside! In the past few years I was diagnosed and tried many meds but still suffer from panic attacks, night terrors, and severe depression. I wonder if I can't get a handle on this because I suppressed for so long?? Does anyone here have advice for someone whose been physically and mentally abused by a spouse including gun violence. Yes my injury is from a shotgun wound. Not pretty but the truth. Sorry to put all this out on my first post - but I don't have time to mince words - my body and mind are tiring and I need some help.
thanks for listening...

KJE,

Welcome to the forum. You will get a better handle on your symptoms once you start to dig into your trauma more and people are pretty good here at getting you to do that. It isn't all about focusing on the symptoms though that certainly is what we want to get rid of! I know it works as when I got here I was I believe at death's door. I have received so much help here and suffered long too. I hope this place will be as beneficial to you. Again welcome. And if you don't mince words you will find yourself quite at home here.

Welcome to the forum, KJE. I have a gunshot injury too, but not from a spouse... my dad shot me in the stomach and killed my stepmum and brother before turning the gun on himself. Don't worry about saying stuff right away, I told my whole story the first time I posted.

Anyways I hope you get as much out of the forum as I have, it's a great place.

KJE :hello:

hi! & welcome

Hugs to you. Domestic violence is ugly and leaves scars. I am sure u will find many others here on the forum that can offer a lot of helpful info.
As many will tell u learn as much as u can about PTSD & its components.
Those things have been of a major benefit for my family.

Take Care

Feel free to say what u feel any time.

D (wildcritter)

Hey K, I take it your out of that relationship. Unfortunatly many women have suffered the same fate as you. Welcome to the forum. You'll find friends here.

Hi KJE How are you.
Thats a hellish story you told, welcome to the forum. But why is it so easy for people to get guns in the States it is madness.
Hope you get a lot of help through this forum.
Cheers
Scott:hello:

gun violence is terrible. Keep in mind tho the gun was only an instrument of the abuse. The person is responsible for the injury. Guns aren't always used for bad things.

Scott,

Our 2nd amendment (the right to keep & bear arms)to the constitution of the United States of America is just one of the amendments that make America a free country. The Europeans left because they weren't free to make their own choices in life. Hence, America was born.

Evil people are Evil people --- plain, unpure, and truely horrible tho they are.

D (wildcritter)

Welcome KJE. I hope you find some useful information here and maybe even a few friends. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back