1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hello - PTSD Diagnosed by VA

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rocky Road, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocky Road

Rocky Road New Member

howdy from rocky here in south texas

35 years after returning from Viet Nam it seems like i'm still trying to find my way home

the rockets and mortars only wounded me
    but i can still smell the blood and hear the crys of too many dying friends

things have almost been bearable the last couple of years in spite of anxiety and depression
    got sobered up and then got single again

was enjoying traveling and motorcycling until a year ago - i made a mistake that almost made me a hood ornament on a car going 70 mph

the anxiety and depression grew worse as i tried to shut the world away
    now i'm plugged in with the va and also in private counseling

it still hurts deep inside so i'd like to drop in when i can
    from what i've seen this looks like a pretty good place to visit

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi Rocky,

I'm very new to this group, but it is a good place to visit. Welcome.

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Welcome Rocky.

I know this isn't meant to be funny, but I laughed! You still have a sense of humor, Rocky, and that is a great trait to have. It's good to have you here.

5. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Welcome Rocky! Why visit, when hell you can come live with us. (Lots of Laughs) ...No, Hey we don't really live in the forum, we just appreciate a damn long visit. You're more than welcome to drop in when you can, as it a good place to get that emotion out. It always seems to hurt deep, deep inside for many of us. That's where so many of us forced, and stuffed down the horrors of our trauma. In my case it remained there for years causing all kinds of hidieous symptoms. ...And I mean ALL kinds. Lots and Lots to learn here too, as you probably already know. Again, Welcome!

6. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the board Rocky and congrats on the sobering up, big move. Drop in any time you feel, we are always open :) Glad to see another Texan on board. And never too late to get help or get back on the right track.

7. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

howdy back , rocky. welcome. this is a good place to visit.

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

How ya going mate, glad to have you here with us, and especially happy that you posted and told us a bit about yourself. Mate, I know what you mean about the near hood ornament, as I had a 4x4 (never been off road, just the new urban crazy mums in big cars) pullout in front of me a couple years back now when I was on a ZX12-R, she stopped, I swerved to avoid her, she decided to let her foot of the brake in panic and close down my escape route, so I did the next best thing, and came back left to hit her side on. Locked up the back brake, put the arse out to the left and me and the bike hit the side of her 4x4, as I considered it within that momentary decision, to be the best outcome so I wasn't flying loose over bonnets or through the air. The entire left side of me pretty much broken mate, a two week stint in hospital then about another 3 months to just get myself around, then back on the bike I went, broken and all, just to get the feel back. This was my other one, as the Ninja was a write-off.

Still love motorcycles though, and my next one is an Agusta F1. Nothing like the freedom they provide to the soul.

9. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Hi Rocky Road. I love your style of writing, it's almost like poetry, and it's humourous and touching at the same time. I hope you enjoy your time here. I'm fairly new and I've found this forum to be very helpful.

10. Farmer

Farmer Active Member

Hi Rocky Road,

I know what it's like to have that Tape worm called PTSD turning in ones gut for decades, it sucks. Like Anthoney says there is nothing like the freedom and peace riding brings me tho I have not ridden in a few years do to financial reasons I'm starting to get the itch again. Like I try to tell people who do not ride it is like flying without leaving the ground. Lots of fun untill the 5000 pound suv pulls out in front of you. No serious accidents yet but a few road rashes. I have owned or ridden everything but German or Italian, it dose not matter much so long as it has two wheels and is reliable I'll ride it.

Any way I'm sure you will find this place a great place to yak.

11. Rocky Road

Rocky Road New Member

thanks to everybody for making me feel welcome

i already feel at home here...

makes me think about the last (as in final) time i was telling my boss how hard i was working and how much i was doing for her to deserve a promotion and a raise and how long it had been since my last one and all she could say was "I feel your pain"

no way she could - but you guys do. goingonhope nailed it

veiled - howdy to a fellow Texan. i thought sobering up was the hardest thing i'd ever do. turns out it was just one step in the healing process.

anthony, hope the flu bug has flown away for good. but with a bike like the Agusta F1 you should be able to keep well ahead of that nasty bug. you sound younger and braver than me with your sport bikes. my latest ride is a Honda ST1300. only managed to put 10,000 miles on her in the last couple of years. for an old fart like me it's got the right mix of comfort and power. keep healthy and ride safe.

see ya'll later...

12. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Yer mate... I am only 34, soon to be 35 in December. I like the sports range, I guess I just have a thing for the European bikes. You just can't go wrong with an Agusta, hand built, pure riding genius.

13. permban0008

permban0008 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome Rocky,

Just for the record.........he doesn't have that damn bike yet but I'm sure never going to hear the end of it until he does. To be perfectly honest I would be happy to buy it for him tomorrow (if we could afford it) - the only problem being is that I would never see him. That bike accident, what a lovely experience for us both. I was overseas on deployment when I got the call that my then fiance had a 'little accident but was alright'. Yeah, I knew that was bs when they told me he had been taken to hospital. My husband would never go to the hospital willingly.

Anyhow welcome to the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar