• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hello - Sexual Trauma Survivor With PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palakika

New Here
Hi,

I just found this site yesterday and I have learned so much about PTSD! I can't believe that other's have the same symptoms that i've been so ashamed of and have kept to myself for so many years. I am a sexual trauma survivor with PTSD. As you all know living with PTSD is very dificult and although I have been in group therapy none of the things I've read here was discussed in group. I just moved to a safe place and could relate to one of the success stories and now I understand that what I'm going through is alright. In the past I suffered from hearing voices and now because of this site I know that it is one of the symptoms of PTSD. You guys have no idea what a relief it is. I just learned how to drive and I'm going thru some serious fear of driving and I've read posts about that too. All I can say with tears in my eyes is .... Thank you all! Now I know I'm not crazy... Thank you!

Welcome Palakika,

It amazes me that no matter whether we are veterans, sexual trauma surviviors, or have witnessed horrible events we all suffer the same symptoms. That was an eye opener for me.

vst

Welcome to the forum, and nope, you aren't alone. Bec and I both had to move in order to start really seeing a difference in getting better. If my memory serves right Anthony did too. Many here have had to move to start to see improvement though it isn't overnight. Just no time to heal if you are triggered at all times. Glad you like the forum, stick around.

Yep, moving made a world of difference to myself and to others here. Amazing how such a simple thing helps eh?

Welcome to the forum!

bec

Thank you all for the warm welcome. The move has been great but at the same time difficult and lonely. Now that I can think with more clarity I am realizing a lot of things, some eye opening and some painful, but I know that I'm getting better. I've gone from not being able to go out anywhere alone not even to check my mail box at my old place to learning how to drive. It's been dificult but I love it! Yesterday i got lost, had a panic attack but was able to breath and think clearly, called a taxi driver that I've used and he came over and I followed him to where I knew my way home, suffice to say I was scared but today I decided that I'm not going to let the fear get the best of me anymore and went out again.

Here is a tip to help with the panic. First, keep a map. Eventually you will come to a marked intersection you can find. Second, you are not lost you are exploring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back