• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hello - Treating PTSD With Many Large Life Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdhionly

New Here
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. The first time I was told I had PTSD was about 11 years ago by my therapist at that time. It didn't really sink it at the time what that meaned, it was just another label.

My issues are more of the complex PTDS type, and my current therapist is quite focused on working with them specifically. I have a lot of stuff going on in my life right now - grief from my mother's death, a failing marriage, a daughter with BPD, and a high stress job - so I feel pretty stressed to say the least. To say I am feeling stressed is a bit of an oxymoron, since I find one of the worst syptoms for me is 'living from the neck up'. That's about all, it's hard to know what to say because I am so often disconnected; but I am glad this board exists.

Frances:hello:

Hi, Welcome.

I'm pretty new here too : )

I'm glad this board exists too. It's good to finally be around people who can understand what you're going through.

Hopefully we can share stories and strategies on how to cope with this illness

take care,
Audrey

Hi Frances,

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to getting to know you and reading your posts.

I'm new here as well - and I've found this forum to be a very warm environment. Hopefully you'll find this place to be a safe place to talk.

Blessings.

:hello: Hi, and Welcome Frances, you've found a great, supportive place. Betting you'll find much in common with us all. My best to you.

Hope

Hi Frances, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you and I have some things in common...failing marriage, stressful (unfulfilling) job, and lots of childhood issues...I did manage to get a new job that starts soon, but the marriage is a huge huge problem with intense marriage counseling going on right now.
Look around a read a bunch of stuff, you'll find plenty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back