• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Helping Someone Who Is Going Thru What I Did

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicwhite

Policy Enforcement
he has been mixing weed and meth. He has lost his marbles once or twice but as long as he stays away from them he can heal. It a honor to be able to share my testimony to his mom so she can rest a little. The difference between his and mine is that mine kept going. His subsided somewhat after ceasing meth

I told her he needs to see a pdoc. He may have a underlining condition. He needs meds like Abilify to help curb the delusions he having. I have prayed for him for some time now. I hope he doesn't go thru the ringer like me and suffer trauma because I didn't get the right help.

Unless he is actively seeking help, you can't.

I am going to advise that you refrain from the mention of specific medications to a relative. They can latch on to that medication name thinking it is a cure all. If his Dr. decids that medication is not right for him, and he is still struggling, family members have a tendency to think that if their loved one could just get on that medication, everything would be fine.

You can not save someone from the consequences of bad choices. what you can do, is be supportive of his mother and be there for him when he decides to get help. I also highly suggest you stay away from him in the mean time if he is currently using.

I don't think it's wise to stay socializing with current users at the stage of recovery you are, Sonic.

It can be triggering for re-use even many years after, much less while you're barely out yourself.

& Ditto what Fade says.

I'm thankful for even the fact that I'm able to help those in need. I don't even know her son.I know her tho. Have taken her places and let them use my old truck until I got angry one day and shut them out. I heard from my roommate that her some is going thru the same thing I did but not as bad.

So for me to extend a helping hand was gratifying and the smile I put on her face as I said I've been praying for him was the precious thing I've been needing to see. I understand your position to tell me not to hang out with her son, I don't. I just talk to the mom.

I'm a little smarter than that folks please give me some credit and don't bring up the fact I do kratom. I don't think it's bad, you can but you won't convince me it is.

Ok, Sonic, I know you aren't going to listen, but given the side effects for kratom are psychosis, hallucinations, delusions insomnia aggression and confusion, I still get to virtually slap you upside the head. Out of love of course.

You don't smoke kratom for one and it has more benefits than MJ. Just look at the profile for it. If I go thru a psychosis it's not because of that I can tell you right now.

@sonicwhite, details.
What's important is you're using and using logic skewed by using.
Aka that logic is a mess. You aren't. So why not listen to better one?

Thought you're commited to healing & getting closer to God that way and living well. Right now, you're undermining that.

Who says it's a sin who. Yes the bible talks about the temple but if you put it into context that where referring about sexual sins not something like kratom. Please folks I'm not going change on this so you might as well drop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back