1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hercules Has Moved! Augh!

Discussion in 'Social' started by Grama-Herc, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Well, the move is over and I am still alive. So far the moving fairies have been good to us. It has all worked out, things fit in their spaces and we are still talking to echother. A system is beginning to show up and it will be a good one. Mom cooks and I wash the dishes. Good way to get fed. My world up stairs is still in a mess----wanted to get Mom set up 1st. She is so happy and relaxed and relieved to be finally in the new place. I ,however, am still trying to put my world back in some kind of order but the good news is that all the hard work has resulted in my loosing 11 pounds so far. It is amazing what moving around and not sitting in front of the TV 24/7 will do. So, I just keep on undpacking, hanging pictures, rearranging the furniture and YEA LOOSING WEIGHT. Only 40 move to go. Alas, I gained alot when I quit smoking after 40 years! Anyway, this is my update for now. Still got a lot of things I can't find. BUT I WILL !!!!!!!!!

Jim likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. kers

kers I'm a VIP

Nice going, Herc! I was hoping everything was going relatively smoothly for you.

I'm glad to hear you've had some benefits from the move already!!! Hopefully living with her will help you, too.

4. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:loopy: WOW!!!!! I am glad that you've gotten moved....wish I had someone to cook for me [jealous!!] I am glad that you seem to be doing well....don't rush yourself though on unpacking...take some time to breathe!!!! :thumbs-up .....GIVE PEACE A CHANCE

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

That all sounds like wonderful news. Big congrats on the pounds!

6. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Glad to hear from you again, Herc! How are the arms feeling? You should be pretty buff from all of the lifting and toting. BTW-congrats on the weight loss.

Glad to hear that everyone and everything is settling into the new house. How are the cats doing? Have they stopped looking at you like 'When do we go home, mom?'

Relax and enjoy a job well done.

Lisa

7. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Are you telling me that I have to move in order to lose weight???? Crap, I hate moving. All that packing crap.

I quit smoking 5 yrs ago, and packed on about 30lbs. Still have it, I think it likes me, so it won't leave. LOL!!!!

Moving is so much fun... NOT!!!! But glad that you and mom survived.

Wendy

8. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Good stuff Herc :)! I'm glad your mother's happy and congrats on the weight loss - that's always a nice boost! Hope you get settled and organised soon, I am nightmare when I feel disorganised!

9. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Wonderful news Herc! Glad to hear the move went well and getting supper cooked for ya is always a bonus! :)

Nice to have you back too!

bec

10. Kathy

Kathy I'm a VIP

Very good to know everything has gone well Herc. Moving can be quite dreadful. Congratulations on losing weight, that is a lovely gift to receive for all your hard work. Take good care!

11. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Woo Hoo for Herc. I am so glad it all went well and it is almost behind you other than organizing. I am happy to hear your Mom is so content and you sound great to. Congrats on the weight loss and I must admit I have missed you and am looking forward to seeing your shining face around on the forum again. :claps:

12. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Hello again guys! I am impressed by how many people have missed me. Way Cool!!!!! Now let's see. To She Cat! My weight gain came from giving up the butts, too. And it was around the same time frame. To Portabella. Believe me when I say at this point in time my face IS NOT shining. I am tired, grumpy and SO SICK of shuffling shit around just so I can walk. But slowly and eventually it WILL all fall into place. Everyday move JUNK goes out the back door. To Bec, Kers, Kathy, Lisa, Veiled, Wildfire and Marlene. Thank you for caring. This is something I am not use to. I live a quiet hermit like life and while I can't actually physically see you guys it means more than you realize to know that all of you know and care about me THANKS GUYS. P.S. I AM STILL UNPACKING AUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Don't get me wrong herc, I care... though often too busy to respond to these threads. Great to have you back though.