• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship He's Lovable Today.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27524
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 27524

So today he is more communicative. I text him "Good Morning Sunshine. Have a fun day with your princess!" We began talking and both just agreed we needed to just hug each other for a long time. Sorta just console each other. He wanted to give me a tight squeeze hug today and I said "aha so your in a lovable mood huh" and he replies "mmmhmm". He met with his new therapist yesterday and he said that he liked him so I was glad to hear it. Having been in a funk for a little over two weeks I said to him "if you need me to back away for awhile and give you some space I understand" and he said "no your good for me and it's sad you don't even know it". I guess I don't know it. I DID know it until he completely caught me off guard with this last episode of "I can't make you promises or be what you need and your moving to fast"...however I followed his lead. Never initiated anything until he brought it up. So now I'm trying to be less affectionate..lol. Super hard for me to do. I'm a cheesy hopeless romantic by nature.At least he isn't shutting me totally out.

Wow, can I ever relate. Trying to back off and being less affectionate. I'm glad he was being more lovable yesterday. That has been such a hard thing for me to do this past month or so is to hold back my affections. My sweetie I think would let me hug him and kiss on him some not wanting to tell me no but I would sense that it wasn't going anywhere. But then like a dummy I would try again some other time I was at his place. I guess I thought somehow it would make things better. Such a hard thing to do when I too am a more lovable type but I know he is too depressed for that.

Glad you had a better day and could enjoy that affection from him. I did get a real good hug last night and I need to 'hold' on to that and be thankful for what I do get from him.

Thank you so much. I appreciate the kind words. Today was better than yesterday for him. I have been very emotionally drained and today he comes at me being just a sweetheart. I think he sensed me melting down. He expressed feelings about me I just didn't even know he had and it felt good to just hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back