1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hey Group - Fiance Has Combat PTSD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Brandy, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandy

Brandy New Member

My name is Brandy. I'm 24 years old, from Huntington Beach, CA, and my fiance has combat PTSD and OCD. It's a great mix. He just got out of the Army last week, back from Iraq for a little over a year, and having a grand time trying to figure out how to deal with this whole PTSD thing! We just started in the the VA and seeing a psychiatrist who switched his meds all around, and now going through side affects all over again. I want to learn how to deal with this from the get go so that our relationship can remain intact and healthy. I hope to get to know a lot of people here :)

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

welcome to the forum, brandy

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome brandy, and I must congratulate you for certainly being proactive with this. Well done... it makes all the difference for your relationship, that is for sure... likely your sanity also.

5. DesertDweller

DesertDweller Active Member

Brandy,

Welcome to the forum. I myself am an Iraqi vet and doing the VA thing currently. Honestly, the meds suck and its a trial and error thing. They tried a few on me which made worse than before, and had some really nasty withdrawl cycles. The only thing I can say is to please be a little tolerant and understanding of how bad a med can potentialy affect him. Best of luck and welcome again.

DD

6. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, Brandy.

7. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Welcome, Bradley!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar