• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hey I'm Hermitboy And I'm New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

hermitboy

New Here
Hi I'm a 25 year old transgender hermitboy. I'm not really sure what to say about myself so... I like being in/finding cool spots in nature, watching broad city, and hanging out with my cats and my girlfriend.

I have been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic disorder and Agoraphobia in March 2015, after being misdiagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder and General Anxiety Disorder in 2006. It feels better to kind of have a better idea of what I'm dealing with now that i have had official testing done at a Neurological Development center, but I'm not really sure where to go from here. I have been going to therapy weekly (and have been for the last 10 years intermittently) but i don't feel like it is helping at all, like I don't feel like i have any coping skills. I pay attention as much as possible and do my research and homework and try really hard but i don't know, nothing seems to have improved. I have my good days but more of the not so good ones.

I'm looking to talk to people who could maybe offer me suggestions of any kind on treatments or whatever you think would be helpful. Or just to talk.

Thanks,
hermitboy

Welcome to the site, I've not been on the site for long myself, but if it's help and support you want, then you have come to the right place.

The folk on here have helped me cope with life, as it now is, and have given some much needed support, so have a read through the threads, there is something interesting in every one of them, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back