• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hi A Newbie Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluekermit

New Here
hey all, just posting a simple hello.

I'm struggling with things everyday like a lot of people here.

I have to start to change the way i approach everyday so my therapist says. Stop engaging in the bad thoughts and addictions that lead me down the rabbit hole and perpetuate and exacerbate the problems... easier said than done.

It's easy to give adivce it's another to actually do what I would prescribe to others.

s

I am inspired by the people here who have the courage to come forward and talk about their problems in an open and honest manner.

I am also shocked at reading about people who are profoundly in danger of suicide, it is very concerning as I may feel this way or think this way a lot of the time but i connect with the internal stuff ...

a few years ago, i had to hide all the knives in my kitchen it got so bad, but now I'm much better especially being off of any SSRI medications, althought it might help many people at times.

An incredible website for PTSD people to be able to tap into others and realize they are not alone is a powerful tool in beginning the healing or coping strategies.

Very very impacted at what i've read here so far.

Welcome to the forum bluekermit. This website has been a wealth of information and support for me. I hope it is for you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back