• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hi Again :) Looking For Recommended Books For Prolonged Complex PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rosered

New Here
Hi again all:)
Whew...I'm a lot less explosive (luckily never physically) these days, but a lot more obsessive. It seems as if I only care about what I am currently obsessed with. Unfortunately, I've spent most of the last year reviewing my entire past and feeling resentful about people/incidents that did not really have a significant impact until now. Even though I keep doing this, I do know that it does not make sense. I have stopped seeing my psychologist for several months as well and am hoping I can get myself to call him soon to resume therapy. I still barely leave my home and have not resumed having friendships/normal social interaction with friends and family. My grown children have, however, adjusted to my PTSD and are helpful and understanding.
I looked over the list of recommended books on the site and was wondering which books would be most helpful for me in this seemingly never ending stage I'm in.

Well, for me I Can't Get Over It is a good one and I like Embracing The Fear which I do not believe is listed along with Feeling Good.

I Can't Get Over It really explained a lot of why I feel the way I do and helped.

Embracing The Fear does wonders at self talk and thinking styles (how to correct) with many many samples.

Feeling Good is a wonderful book to battle depression.

If I had to recommend books for the most important aspects of recovery these are the ones I think no person with PTSD should be without as they recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back