1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hi All...I Just Wasn't Sure Where Else To Go...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by suzette, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suzette

suzette New Member

Hi,

I am obviously new here, and just didn't know where else to go. I can't afford a therapist or psychiatrist to give me a diagnosis but I am pretty sure I have ptsd. I have been diagnosed with it in the passed over a traumatic incident involving a boyfriend, and at the time I was able to get help for that, but a year ago, I saw someone get killed right in front of me. I thought I would be ok but I have been experiencing a lot of anxiety and paranoia, I experience flashbacks, and I daydream a lot to the point where I forget how I got somewhere. I just don't feel like I have anyone to talk to, people who understand what I am feeling. Other people I have talked to are just like, "thats terrible but it wasn't your fault and there was nothing you could have done, so you need to just forget about it and move on". That really doesn't help me because then I think that there is something wrong with me. Anyway, it feels weird writing in a forum, I am usually not one for these types of things.
    It is good to read a lot of your posts.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

Hi Suzette, welcome. You've come to the right place. People here understand. Glad you've found the forum.

4. susane99

susane99 Member

Welcome Suzette.

Susane

5. suzette

suzette New Member

Thank you

Thank you for your support. I believe my husband also has pstd. We saw the accident together (it was a hit and run that happened right in front of us, it was very traumatic and gruesome, one person got killed instantly and the other got seriously hurt, it was surreal, like something you only see in movies) and he avoids talking about it, getting into situations like it, going near where it happened ect. So unfortunately, we don't talk about what happened. He had a troubled upbringing too, abuse and he was sent to a program for troubled teens when he was young that ended up being shut down by the state because of abuse and brainwashing. He has tried to get help for these things before but I don't think he really has dealt with it. He has major outbursts of anger and anxiety. He has had episodes where he got really mad drove away and called later in a state of panic, not knowing where he was, or how he got there. As for myself, I try to be supportive, but have my own problems...I find that normal stress is too much to handle and forget just about everything, my life is stressful, and I am having a really hard time coping. I turned to painkillers for a while but realized that was the wrong way to go, especially because I have chronic kidney failure, I don't want to damage my insides even worse than they already are. Well... this felt pretty good, typing...thank you for your reading.

6. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum.

7. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Suzette,

Welcome to the forum.

Lisa

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome to the forum suzette.

9. goingonhope