1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hi - Chronic PTSD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zoe, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

I really don't know what to say now. I did this once and it didn't show up.
    I have chronic ptsd. Which sometimes seems like revelation to me but I have been told that for years. Not really sure this is the place for me as it is sometimes hard to talk (my husband would debate that!) but here I am. Hello! Wish there were not a need for any of us to be here.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Monarch

Monarch I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi jmp, it is hard to talk but it helps, I am work on learning how to talk, it is harder than it seems huh. Hope all is well.

Welcome,

Monarch

4. Audrey_Hepburn

Audrey_Hepburn New Member

Hello

Hello,

I'm new here too.

A tip - try reading the posts and get a feel for whether this is the right place for you. Sometimes just reading about people's experiences helps enormously, don't feel pressured to post.

I hope it helps you.

Cheers,
    Audrey

5. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

jmp

:hello: Hi jmp, and Welcome,
    Just in the 4 sentences you've written, I know. I understand and relate well. I too have chronic PTSD and know what it feels like to have this suddenly hit as a new revelation. There are different reasons why this was so for me, with just one being that I was holding out on a belief that one of my secondary illnesses to my PTSD was my primary illness, (yet I was always struggling with this), and from there it just gets confusing.

Also, do know how difficult it can be to talk, or to formulate in thought and/or discuss anything real about myself. I hear this is simply one impact of our trauma upon us, and it can get easier...then sometimes harder....then easier....then harder....then easier and so forth. It's comparable for me to a climb. As long, as we perserve and don't quit on ourselves, while including all that one logically should in a climb we make great progress. I've made much progress in many areas including 'that talking area', you've mentioned jmp. I use to say less than a dozen words in the course of one day, maybe even less and for long periods of time.

jmp I'm sure you too have made much progress in your climb. Hope you continue to always hang in there, and so especially take the best care of your health as you can. You deserve wellness and peace, and you're going to need your health and strength to achieve this, as healing trauma takes our own hard work and energies. I pretty assuredly can say that you deserve wellness, health and peace, bc I know We All Do.

Personally I heavily dislike the course, nature and progression of unhealed trauma and unmanaged PTSD, bc it can steal and/or demand so much from us and our loved ones.. over and over and over again, and we'd never have even dreamed, wished or planned for this.

jmp, I do hope you find throughout your life, and with this forum much needed support of every kind.

ps. I continue to embarrass myself with my long winded welcomes, but heck IMHO, feelings alone never killed anyone, and can actually be guided and used as fuel our motivation and set into motion many, of our own postive actions.

Again jmp, WELCOME TO THE FORUM.......trusting you'll find what helps you, and leave the rest behind.

Wishing You Well !

Hope

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi JMP, welcome to the forum. I have little doubt you can get more from this forum than the therapy industry, but that still relies on you to want to learn.

7. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

Hey Jmp, glad you are here! Welcome.

8. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your welcomes! I am very fortunate to have an excellant psychologist but is good to hear from people going through the same stuff.

Thank you,
    jmp

9. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

welcome to the forum.

10. fin

fin I'm a VIP

I didnt get to welcome you to the forum, because I was not here when you first came, but I would like to say hello also. I hope I will be able to get to know you better and understand more, because maybe we will be able to become friends, and then we may be able to help each other. I hope I will be able to encourage you, I hope that you will know that I am begining to manage this pTSD thing and that I hope you are also, but if it is possible I have missed something and I do frequently miss things, then please know it will never be intentional nor would I ever do anything to set out to hurt you. I hope to read through here further and maybe in doing so I will get to know oyu and a little of your life, and how you are doing now.

Just always try to remember you are not alone now, and that however difficult life becomes you are learning here and now how you can manage, and perhaps this will help you in whatever you might be feeling at the moment. Just please try to know -I forget sometimes myself- to be kinder, so much kinder to yourself and that whatever brought you here when you first arrived it helped you to become stronger.

I will have to try to find you again because I hope to get to know you, here and now. It is difficult to make that leap of faith, I know I have found it hard to jump in here, I used to flounder around so badly, I hope I am getting better at this now.

for peace of mind and good friendship, I hope we both can find something of both of these

~fin

never give up trying to manage this, I hope for you. I am scared to post this but I am going to anyway. It is ok all of it, (hope)

11. anopeet

anopeet New Member

Welcome to the forum! I have also Cptsd.

12. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Hi Zoe, it's good to see your intro. and this thread again.

Something below attached for you: (if it's worked)

Attached Files:

13. pebbels

pebbels Well-Known Member

Hello Zoe:hello:welcome to the forum, it's a great place for infomation, advice, encouragement, to vent even and of course friendship from people who understand:Hug_emoticon:All in your own time and when your ready, no :naughty:pressure.

Pebs:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar