• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hi! Complex PTSD Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

linasmom

MyPTSD Pro
I guess I should have stopped in here first. :crazy:

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself a bit. My name is Rachel, I'm 30 and I've been diagnosed as having Complex PTSD and Major Depressive Disorder. My PTSD started as a child due to sexual, physical and mental abuse from my mother which lasted for 15 years.

I've really enjoyed reading the posts on this site and hope to become part of this community.

-Rachel

:occasion:

Welcome

Hi Linasmom,
My wife suffers from Complex PTSD and from what you have written, you have much in common. After facing this for 5 years, my wife is showing tremendous progress in dealing with PTSD. Don't dispair. It can get better. I hope you find some friends and peace here.

Hello Rachel, ... You're part of the this community now and hope to see you around. Welcome!

I too was sexually, physically and mentally traumatized.

Hope

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I've really enjoyed the discussions here. :Hug_emoticon:

Linasmom,
Hello,
You will find in this forum your story is much like many of ours. I too was abused everyway imaginable. So hard to comprehend just how common this has become in this world we live in and call home. There are alot of messed up people in this world and the shocking thing is we did not cause most of this on ourselves. Some creeps decided to take away our innocence as children or our parents went through it therefore causing them to treat us the way they did because they didn't have the help to cope and the meds that we have nowadays to deal with it. My mom defintely had a mental disorder and yes, she was abused as a child as well. I suppose, I should try to remember this and let go of the hate I have had for her all these years so I can start my healing process. Live and let go! I need to remeber this. I am good at helping others but not taking the advice and applying it for myself.
sunnydaze:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back