1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hi, Currently Deployed In Iraq

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mccrea19D, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mccrea19D

Mccrea19D New Member

Im currently serving in the unitedstates army as a scout, i signed up after highschool even with this war going on, and people telling me not to i still signed up.
    Im currently 20 married, and have seen stuff, that i probably shouldnt of seen.
    i have been feeling emotions of being lonely and reliving december 23 when one of the Mp elements with us hit a Ied.

I have talked to my family about it, and when i tried to talk to my wife when i was home on leave about it, she basicly told me she didnt want to hear it, and that hurt.

Half the time i feel like im going to be stuck in iraq forever and never see my family again.
    Another time i told my wife something i shouldnt have, i told her what if i die and you didnt talk to me the day before what would you do knowing that.
    I dont know what to do anymore im never back on the fob im currently off the fob more than i am at it, we do up to 96 hr missions at a time.
    I dont want to hurt my wife, i know she didnt sign up for the military and i must be putting her through hell, and all i do is make it worse.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. carpediem2006

carpediem2006 Active Member

Try to read a lot here. Try to understand what PTSD is, what is a normal reaction to an abnormal situation. Inform yourself...if you are having nightmares, problems sleeping, night sweats etc these are normal reactions. If you are angry etc, be aware of it...then you can try to not let it hurt people who you would rather not hurt, such as your wife. Right now you may not be able to change your situation, but try to ensure what follows is best for you by being informed to avoid losses or situations that you do not want in your life.

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hey, welcome to the forum.
    cathy

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Mate, all you can do is be honest with her at all times, not scare her, but express too her what you really feel, what is really going on with you, within your mind. The more you talk, the better it is for you. If she can't listen to you, then write it all out and send it to her, or give to her that way, as she can read and interpret as she feels capable.

The best way to write or express what you feel is to not just pour out all the negatives going on, but instead give a negative incident, then the feelings associated to that. As you write or express each feeling, you think about positives and other times you have felt such emotions, you include those thoughts also, especially if those feelings where with her, she can then match a time and place to what you feel now, to help her understand.

6. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Mc, Firstly welcome to the forum. I hope that you are able to access the internet and get on from time to time. We will be here to support you and we DO want to listen. Don't ever be afraid to speak your feelings. Again Welcome.

7. mac

mac Active Member

Mc19D,
    As soon as you can, go to the nearest EMEDS, CSH, or whatever medical element is available at the FOB where you are located and tell them the problems you're having.

8. vcc123

vcc123 Active Member

hi there !!

Welcome to the forum Mccrea.. thank you for your service and protection over there.. we appreciate all that everyone is doing over there. I cant begin to imagine what you are going through, but I'm glad you found the forum.

We're here for you whenever you need us, so dont hesitate to ask. :hello:

9. Mccrea19D

Mccrea19D New Member

Thanks everyone, its hard to find people who will listen, i need to talk to my dad but running on these days i cant, we just got back 2 hrs ago and we leave in about 4 hrs its 4am over here so what can i do.
    its just been tight schedule ever since i returned from leave and i fear it might be like this untill i redeploy to the states.
    Im happy i have friends on here i can post a msg and this site seems to help a lot when i read, thanks again
    Mccrea

10. maus

maus Active Member

friends

we'll be here, when your back and online again. We'll listen. Very clever to find a pc and this forum while being over there. Hope you'll finish your tour soon. Be carefull.

11. slhlilbit

slhlilbit Active Member

welcome to the forum. Thank you for your service. God be with you and yours. this is the place to get support you need. Ill be praying for your safe return, soon. my nephew will be deployed there soon. he is in the army also. he will be 19 in june. Praying for peace.
    sherry

12. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome Buddy. A few Jeep forum friends are over there too. Like was said above tell somebody about it as soon as you can not just for tx now but for later in life. Get it documented now so you won't have to fight so hard later.
    Stay safe.

13. Mccrea19D

Mccrea19D New Member

We just got back from a 4 day fun in the sun today, wrote a bunch of my feelings down that i felt every now in than, i went to the combat stress place when i got back, i was sent to sick hall right after, now they put me on this medicine that is suppose to help me sleep, if i continue to have bad dreams, they tell me i will need to come back on friday.
    I hope anyone that comes over here is safe, i pray that nothing bad will happen to any of our soldiers, my brothers and sisters.
    Im happy to of found a great community.
    Thanks everyone i will keep coming into here, talking helps.