1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hi Everyone - Glad Not To Be Alone In This

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KT229, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KT229

KT229 New Member

Hi Everyone; KT229 from Florida here wanting to say hello and that I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in this anymore.

I believe I may be suffering PTSD from long abusive marriage and traumas that I experienced as a child. I don't know how specific I'm supposed to be here so I'll just sum up the whole marriage thing with there was only one thing left for him to do to me and that was kill and he came darn close. I also believe that I was raped at a very young age and I've hit a roadblock in trying to work the rest of the traumas.

I haven't been formely diagnosed. (No Insurance) and I'm not sure even if I did I would trust or feel safe with anyone enough to see a therapist. I believe my family and few friends I have left know that something is wrong with me but no one knows the full extent of what has been going on.

I'm scared to ask for help (never really been good at that), angry that I let someone else do this to me, fighting myself into accepting this and doing something about. Just basically a mess. And relieved to finally find a source for support and healing.

I can't express enough gratitude to the creator of this site, and the individuals that support and maintain it. For some, like me, it's their only lifeline and road map for hope.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. reallydown

reallydown I'm a VIP

Hi KT, welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of useful info here as well as support.

4. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

:hello:Welcome KT

5. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, KT.

Lisa

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi KT, welcome to the forum.

7. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Me too KT, I understand all too well how frightening and difficult asking for help can be. (it can often feel impossible, to the point of really believing it is)

I just really want to say hi, welcome you to the forum and to wish you all the initiative which you'll need to find healing.

8. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome to the forum.

bec

9. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

KT,

Glad that you found the forum....

10. KT229

KT229 New Member

Thank you all for the warm welcome

11. schenk