1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hi Everyone, My Wife Has PTSD... Maybe Even Mother

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mr.Bo.Angstman, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Bo.Angstman

Mr.Bo.Angstman New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum. My wife has PTSD, I don't.

I'm sure my mother suffers from PTSD, too.

I've been told I have a problem with angst; so be it.

There was definately brainwashing of the military kind, which many of us know what I mean. To this day, even when I walk around a corner I find myself pivoting that corner, as opposed to walking around it. If I were to run a mile or more as part of a work out regiman, I'd consider myself a failure if I had to stop for anything during that run. Those are a couple of little examples of being brainwashed by the military.

I hope to occasionally be logging on.

-Mike

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Mike, welcome to the forum. Yep, I know what your saying exactly, and I resemble something pretty similar still today. If I am at a place that I don't trust, I will find myself looking around corners, through them, shadows, etc, instead of just walking around them unknown what could occur. Funny thing is, most people wouldn't even recognise us doing it I don't believe, because its certainly a fine art and instinctive.

I used to think along with the lines of success or failure, but I changed that aspect of thinking that the military put within me. We can change if we want too, its basically undoing what the military did to us. They did it in the first place, they changed us from exposure, which means we can change back with the very same thing, exposure.

Anything I do now, I set acceptable and achievable limits, not the military style, push push push. Whilst that has its benefits to change certain things in people when they need it, I certainly didn't see much good in it as an overall strategy to life itself, as we can certainly do ourselves more damage than good using that strategy constantly. Just look at a person who serves 20 or 30 years in the military, they are very regimented constantly, always alert, generally aggressive and so forth. Not my way of living, that is for sure, so I just undone some parts of that damn brainwashing, and brainwashed myself the way I wanted to be with exposure.

Anyway... rambling... look forward to chatting with you Mike.

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

Hey mike, welcome to the forum.
    cathy

5. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Welcome Aboard, Mike!

Hi Mike, Welcome to the forum. Do I know you, your wife or your mother? :rofl:

Glad you joined in. Hope you find more time to introduce yourself. And, sorry for helping you choose your username. I know we think it's very funny, but not everyone will understand.

Gee' was that a project just trying to get you registered here as the spouse of someone with PTSD. Everyone needs there own email address and ah' you and I share the same one. Do hope you become familiar with computers, as it will be easier for you to read, browse, whatever, if you do. And, darling so sorry that you were interrupted more than a dozen times in trying to post your intro. Three kids in and out and in and out the blistering cold, doors left wide open and all while you're making lunch, answering phones and being encouraged by me to register and get started- oh' how I've got an awful lot to learn.

Well, anyhow :kiss: Welcome aboard Mike, work less, I'll hope to help you find more rest, and keep the smokes down. You're doing great and join in when there is time. And thank you honey, I love you.

sincerely, your wife, goingonhope

6. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Awwww.. for sweet!

so, come on guys.. what's the joke with the name? I know that name is tickling my brain.. saying this is familiar.. but alas.. the PTSD broke my memory!

Anyways, welcome aboard Mike! Glad to have you and your wife is lovely!

bec

7. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

I LOVE it when couples get on here! Mine has kinda went awall, but oh well, at least he's here with me, just not on the forum....:tongue: I hope to get to know you better, Mike. Welcome.

8. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

9. Mr.Bo.Angstman

Mr.Bo.Angstman New Member

Hi y'all

Thank you all for responding and welcoming me to the forum. I'm glad to be here, though not a motivated post'er. You'll hear from me soon.

I'll soon be asking my wife to show me how to use the computer. How to turn it on, access the internet, receive my own emails, and do my own posts privately. I do know how to move around on the screen, clicking and all.

Mike

10. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, Mike!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar