1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hi Folks - Newly Diagnosed December 06

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by subject2change, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subject2change

subject2change New Member

I was just diagnosed with PTSD last December. I have a need to communicate with other's who can relate.

I am hopeful that I will recover and live a more peaceful, productive life.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

We all do. Welcome aboard. So was it this past December or a year ago you got the news?

4. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome 2change. Read on here. You'll see your not alone.

5. subject2change

Thanks y'all.

Veiled, yes, it was this past December ('06). I wasn't surprised, as I'd researched the subject to death and it kept pointing back at me.

Hey Terry...another Tennessean here...upper middle, near the Kentucky border. And it's good not to feel so alone.

6. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

welcome, this is a good site.
    cathy

7. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi S2C, welcome to the forum and look forward to chatting with you in the near future. Can I ask... what gave you PTSD?

8. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Way to go S2C. I was beging to think I was the only one in the south that was screwed up. LOL

9. subject2change

Thanks Cookie. It does indeed appear to be a good site. This site seems more up my alley than most other type of forums.

Terry, you're surely not the only one in the south. Throw a stone and you'll hit one. LOL

Anthony, my PTSD was caused by incest, physical and mental abuse, religion/spirituality, disease, and many deaths of friends and family. I lived in a chaotic enviornment most of my life. Before I was able to 'heal' from one traumatic event, another was waiting around the bend. It all caught up to me, and I attempted suicide the last day of November 2006. I spent 6 days in a 'stress ward' after that, and was diagnosed with PTSD. Luckily I love researching things, so I had a heads up on PTSD. Currently, though, I can't afford more treatment, so I'm having to wing it...another reason I'm here.

Thanks for the welcome.

10. subject2change

Oh, by the by, I forgot (I do a lot of that!) to say that I'm a 39 year old female. I'm married and have one child (18 year old son), and hold down a job as an administrative assistant.

11. subject2change

I don't understand...?? I posted 2 other replies but they're not here...??

Having another go at it...

Thanks Cookie!

Terry, no you're not alone in the south.

And Anthony, regarding the cause of PTSD...it's multiple. Incest, physcial and mental abuse...disease...many deaths of family and friends...etc.

Let's see if this post takes.

12. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

S2C You will find your post pop up soon as you submit when you are out of moderation. Until then you have to wait for one of us to be awake and present to do it for you :)

13. subject2change

Thank you, veiled. That explains it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar