• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hi From Complex Ptsd ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaggyDoll

Learning
Hi,

I am recently "diagnosed" (I know it can't be an official diagnosis, thanks girl the article Anthony) with Complex PTSD following many years in the system being treated for depression and anxiety and physical illnesses such as fibromyalgia .

I have been seeing a psychologist on the nhs for the last six months but this is coming to an end soon. In terms of symptoms I have flashbacks, night terrors, panic attacks, difficulty expressing and regulating my emotions and I dissociate when I am overwhelmed.

Anyway I just wanted to say I am glad I have found this forum and Hello.

Take care x

Welcome!

Is your therapy ending due to the nhs timeframe allowed or are you moving on to something else?

Hope you can find support here also :-)

Hi GWhizz,

It's due to end on the NHS timeframe unfortunately, I will be able to access my T for another four sessions over the next six months and am really scared to be honest, I don't know how I'll cope without it on a weekly basis. She might be able to recommend I am given more, which would be more trauma based (we have been working on my emotions) but only if I have managed to stop dissociating and have am able to deal with my emotions better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back