• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Hi - Husband Has PTSD From Military

Status
Not open for further replies.

medicchick

New Here
I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Kaite, and my husband has PTSD. He was chaptered out of the Army 2 months ago for it (20% disabled), and life has just gotten worse. I'm from Michigan, and now live in Alaska, so I don't have any family to help me, or to go to. I was looking for a forum for wives, and found here. I already feel a bit better reading, it helps me to remember that I'm not the only wive going through this. Thank you.

Welcome aboard medicchick... more and more spouses are coming here daily... so you will not be short of support here.

Hey medicchick,

Welcome to the forum. I understand about the isolation of having no family nearby, its one of the things that I hope to resolve in the near future. I only know of the stereotype that represents Alaska and little else about the place other than it gets quite cold. Cold for me is 9 degrees celcius. There's plenty of support to be found here. Post, vent, scream, as you need to.

Hi Kaite, and welcome to forum! You will really like it here and you will see that you are not alone... Look at me for example. My husband is an former marine and has PTSD...and we are both going through hell because of it right now but ever since i found this forum about a week ago i already feel so much better and understand everything a lil bit more and know that everything will be ok.. People help you here left and right whether they have PTS or are going through it with their spouse. Email me anytime you need a friend :-)

Welcome Katie
Glad your here! Sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time. Hope you feel at "home" here.
Wow, Alaska, I'm with Kerrie-Ann as to my knowledge about the country, I do remember seeing something about polar bears but thats about it.

Thank you all. Alaska is nice, but there is lots of wild life that can hurt you. Polar bears are far north from me, but we have black and brown bears. Summer usually makes up for long winters.

Medicchick,

Still way to cold for me. As for the killing animals we have heap of those. Even our most recognisable creatures like the kangaroo and koala can be nasty if they've a mind to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back