1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hi, I Hope Someone Here Feels Like I Do, So I Don't Feel Crazy Anymore!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by kittygrrl, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kittygrrl

kittygrrl New Member

Hi,

I apparently (according to my neurologist etc) have PTSD. I have had an abusive ex-husband (hence he is now an ex) and several other traumatic events I don't want to disclose.

I feel alienated by my friends and family, they don't know what happened in full as I am a very private person, and can't understand why I can't just "get over myself".

I don't know anyone else with this condition and I would like to be reassured that I AM normal after all and not a mental case like my doctors seem to think (you know the old "throw mediction at her, she might go away" attitude)

Thanks for listening/reading

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

You sound very normal to me, and unfortunately your doctor's sound pretty normal too. Welcome to the forum, kitty. There is a lot of info to help you through this when you are ready.

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

hi, kitty, welcome to the forum. do some reading here, see that you are normal, not crazy.

5. GodSeeker

GodSeeker Active Member

Hello Kitty,
    I have exactly the sae problem and I feel exactly the same. Neither y family nor friends knows my problem. And sometimes I feeled myself crazy until I read here that is a normal symptom of PTSD. Welcome!

6. juls

juls Active Member

Welcome to the forum, Kitty. I, too, am a very private person. Family and friends are totally unaware of all that is inside and why I'm so quiet. Yes, you are OK and it will help when you're part of a group that understands and supports one another, listens, and doesn't treat you like you're crazy.

7. wildcritter44

wildcritter44 Active Member

Hi Kitty,

Welcome to the forum. I am sure that if you continue to read & learn here you will find you are considered "normal," being private is understandable.

Best Wishes to you... Hugs coming your way

D (wildcritter)

8. nov_silence

nov_silence Well-Known Member

You are in the right place! Welcome! Take things at your pace. We will be hear to listen when you are ready!

Nov

9. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi Kitty, how are you. It is your doctor that is mental in his attitude towards you, there is no stigma in having ptsd. As for your friends, tell them the truth about what happened, if they are true friends, they will give you all the support that they can. And the same with your family, especially your own family. Sit them down one day and tell what happened. Is there a Woman's Aid centre in your town, they will help you a lot as well, that is what they are there for.
    Best Wishes Kitty. PS you are perfectly normal, just you remember that.
    Scott:thumbs-up

10. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Welcome Kitty. Nope, not crazy. And you'll feel at home here.

11. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Kitty, welcome to the forum. Yes, you are very normal, not mental, not strange, you just have PTSD. Sure, it can't be cured, but it can be healed and learnt how to be managed, so a normal life can be lived within reason.

12. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi Kitty and welcome. I felt like I was going crazy until I found out that there's others out there (here) that go through what I go through. It's a tremendous help to know you're not alone.

13. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Pretty much what everybody else said soooooooooo.......Welcome we are crazy here but it's the good kind.