1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hi, I'm New and Trying To Figure Out Why I Have PTSD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by EmoxxKid, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmoxxKid

EmoxxKid Active Member

Hey,
    My name is Geneva and I have just been told I have PTSD (along with many other things...)

I....am really new to all of this. Not so much to metal illness but.....to knowing that I have PTSD.

I guess I am trying to understand more about it....

I mean I have read so much in so many places about the deal but....I still don't really understand why it is that I have it...or what caused it per say.

I have a really...intresting up bringing I guess. Not so much wrose than anyone else's.

My mother was a very sick person. She was a paraniod Skizo. My father was a very pissed off drunk.

I am pretty sure I was sexually abused before the age of 5 and perhaps there after....for whatever reasons I can't remeber everything.

Sometimes I wish I could....most times I rethink that want...and don't.

In the last year I was put in the hospital and told I have major depression and some other type aswell. I also have GAD. I was told aswell that I have BPD.

I guess...this is just my introduction....

I don't know really what I am asking.....I just...want to know how my mother and father affected me enough to ....have the life I have right now.

Uh....some of the things I suffer from are being hypervigalent. I am very depressed at times. I cut. I sometimes don't feel like I am even here.....I feel distant. I have a very....very hard time losing people...even if they are just going to the store sometimes...or if my girlfriend goes to work.....simple stuff. I can't hold a job...even though I do have talent. I am a chef...and held a job for a long while.

I don't think I here things...but I here everything.....I don't even know if that makes any kinda sense...Everything is harder before I go to sleep...and right when I wake up....

My whole childhood I watched my mom talk to herself, she thought she was like the queen or something. She really was a nut case....she was never a mom...she just kinda hung out. I am pretty sure my dad kept her around for the SSI check to be real honest. My mom was in and out of the ward....most her life. She went missing more than one time. I even thought...in my heart my dad killed her one time. Her and him faught so much ....I guess it seemed right.

My father......*sighs*...

He had this best friend....who also slept with my mother. He was a real...smooth kat...I am pretty sure that he molested me. I won't go into details but.....I am just pretty sure.

My father didn't know about this until last x-mas. I am now a 22 yearold women....I guess I felt like I had waited enough.

I don't like my father. I do love him however....
    He was a very pissed off man. He drank...alot....all the time. He was verbally abusive to just about no end. I was (and still am over wieght) and he made sure I knew it. I am also a lesbian...and he caught on to that at a early age as well.

I could say alot more I guess....but there is not really a point. I kinda feel like I need to keep talking in order to give the correct information so someone....somewhere could help me understand ...me I guess. Or even...why and what events would have caused PTSD.

Sorry for the long writing...I promise it wont be this long again.....

Thanks,

Geneva

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Seeking_Nirvana

Seeking_Nirvana I'm a VIP

Hi Geneva,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you can find your answers here.

Peace
    Tammy

4. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome to the forum.

bec

5. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:clap:Welcome to the forum!! there's a lot of info and support here :thumbs-up Make yourself at home:smile:KEEPING THE PEACE

6. Palakika

Palakika New Member

Hi Geneva and welcome to the forum

7. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum

8. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi Geneva.........

Welcome to the forum.

9. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum, Geneva.

Lisa

10. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

:hello: Welcome to the forum

11. EmoxxKid

EmoxxKid Active Member

thanks;)............

12. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Welcome Geneva... this is as good a place as any (if not better) to try to make sense of things.

Lisa.

13. Grama-Herc

Grama-Herc I'm a VIP

Hey Geneva! ! ! Welcome to "OUR" little corner of the world! We are pretty great people and everyone is always willing to help.

As far as remembering everything I can help ya there, I think. I remember nothing and my doc has given me some good info that sure helped me. With the rest of you issues I know a lady (We actually live very close to each other and we met and talked face to face) who would be very good for you to touch base with. If this is allowed I will give you her name, hope the editor does not edit it out---not sure---but her goes. Touch base with Marlene. I think you will like her. She is a super lady

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar