• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hi i'm new here,, not new to ptsd and anxiety!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caty1

New Here
Hi, I had a panic attack this morning so i thought I'd look for some support. I've had this all my life and just can't seem to stop it. It started at 14 after being raped 2 times. That was 46 years ago. Of course things got worse and then better than worse. Now I'm in worse but then again i dont think I've ever gotten better. I started drinking at 14 and that helped the anxiety but only when i was drunk. I took xanax for a few years and got addicted to it. So life got really bad because i was doing stupid things. I've been sober now for 23 years. I'm not a good candidate for meds.
So right now and for over 15 years i do not drive because i have panic attacks when I'm sitting at a light or in traffic. I am afraid of the doctor my bp goes through the roof when I'm there and they freak me out when they look at me. Lol i do have a good dr now that understands he still looks at me funny. I also think im allergic to most foods so i dont eat right at all.
Im a mess. Cant afford therapy but its never done me much good. I feel domed. I have faced some of my fears and just did it anyway but i cant seem to get up the nerve to just get stuck in traffic and deal with it. I need to eat right im making my self sick. I'm pretty much scared of everything. I had a therapist tell me i had enough things happen to me to give 12 people anxiety.

Welcome @Cati1 I am sorry for what brought you here, I am having an anxiety attack right now and understand how awful panic is. You have come to a good place for support and good information is available here and many new forum friends to meet and get to know. My healing speeded up since I have come here and the support is incredible. I hope you feel comfortable here and you will start to feel better.

Welcome to myPTSD @Caty1 !

I also think im allergic to most foods so i dont eat right at all.
I've got the same problem. Can totally relate. I take loads of vitamins to supplement the inability to eat the foods most people are able to eat.

I've got problems with doctors too.

And anxiety.

Hope you find the help you're looking for here on myPTSD.

Hi, I had a panic attack this morning so i thought I'd look for some support. I've had this all my life a...
Hi Caty
Welcome! I'm new too! And I'm so sorry for all that has happened honestly your a strong woman because you are still alive! I understand you because I've also been sexually assaulted and I'm terrified of doctors! I've found a great doctor and therapist who are helping me cope with my ptsd and anxiety!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back