• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hi! I'm New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I just want to introduce myself. I'm in my early fifties and I've suffered from depression since being a teenager and had recovered very well, but now after an abusive relationship and loosing my child at the age of 2 I've spiraled downwards. I hope to be able to learn from this community and offer some insights and any help to others I can.

Thanks everyone.

Hi @Sally Fielding
Firstly, I just want to say how sorry I am that you lost your child so young. That in itself is enough to turn anyone's life upside down.
I can relate to the depression from a young age and for me too the cptsd came on after a long abusuve relationship - though it still feels weird to say that as I did love him very much, but his own background left him with a lot of emotional pain that developed into mental illness and addiction.
After he died I ended up with both myself! The gift that keeps giving!
Im glad you found this forum, there's a lot of information here and others who understand.
Welcome!

Thank you for your welcome. It's always nice to share experiences, and often quite liberating. I've been browsing the different topics and it's empowering to think that I could help someone find a solution or think about their life situation in a different way (and vice versa).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back