• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hi, Just Discovered This Forum - Have Had PTSD Most of My Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

empowered

Confident
Hi I'm Sindy. I live in New South Wales Australia. I have had PTSD most of my life. I spent a good part of my childhood in a childrens home in England. The effect of that on my behaviour & personality is very complex.Since the abuse started at such a young age I don't think I have met the real me. I think I should be able to cope with life & 'just get on with it' I know I have PTSD but deny the syptoms. I'm better at compassion for other people but not myself.
I'm 48 married for 30yrs have 3 wonderful adult children, 2 sons 30 & 26, 1 daughter 23. A great daughter-inlaw & son inlaw. And 1 9mth old granddaughter!
Up until 1year ago I was working as a Nurse in Critical care,but now I'm unable to work & have just been granted a disability support pension. I had a stroke when I was young so Nursing at 48 has become to physically difficult as well as the psychological overload of dealing with my PTSD as well as Trauma & death at work!

I think even just coming to talk at a place like this shows you have compassion for yourself. I'm glad to see you're taking steps to help yourself, and welcome to the forums, Sindy.

On another note, my mom is a nurse too, but she's in rehabilitation. Does Australia have sort of different kinds of nurses, like the way we Americans have RNs and LPNs?

Thanks for the welcome Archus :smile:, I'm an RN, I don't know what an LPNs is. We have RNs & ENs (enrolled nurse-1 yr course)

welcome Sindy
i'v just found this board too and have found more info in the past month than ever

Welcome to the forum Sindy, lovely to have you.

I don't know what an LPNs is. We have RNs & ENs (enrolled nurse-1 yr course)

An LPN is a Licensed Practical Nurse. It is a shorter, less academic program than RN, so likely quite similar to your EN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back