1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hi - Mother Died and was Emotionally Abused by Housekeeper

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by jkd, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jkd

jkd New Member

I'm JKD a 50+ yo woman who lives in NH. I was traumatized at 3 when my mother died and was "nurtured" by an emotionally abusive housekeeper until I was 12. I got diagnosed a few years ago (6?) after having been told I was "crazy" the first time prior to 1st grade. Started therapy in 1st grade, 2 suicide attempts 16 and 20, one young marriage 18-20. I've been married since I was 25 to the same guy.

When I was first diagnosed I found a list of symptoms online. I either had done x or was doing y and z, which convinced me. I was not physically or sexually abused.

I'm happier than I ever thought I'd be and still working on the problems. I keep thinking I've done most of the work and then there's something else, dammit.

Ah well. One of my "icons" on another online site is the Eveready Bunny and the words "keep going" since that seems to be what I do best.

jkd

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

Wecome to the forum

4. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

jkd, Welcome. Perhaps you'll say more at another time. I see that you posted twice, but am yet to find it to read. Anyhow, do take care and no pressure whatsoever.

BTW, what a heck'a'va way to be nurtured, huh, by someone whose emotionally abusive.

Anyhow, Glad to hear you keep on going. I never thought I'd ever live to see 40, so I know how just continuing to breath in and out can be pretty amazing in itself.

Take Care, jkd and Welcome.

Hope

5. Seeking_Nirvana

Seeking_Nirvana I'm a VIP

jkd, Welcome to the forum.

Peace
    Tammy

6. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome to the forum....:hello:

7. two_isles

two_isles New Member

Since you have been searching on line for answers, me thinks there are a few more things in those 50 plus years that do not want to be revealed, even some you may not be aware of.
    Be open, do things for YOU, and stay in touch.
    This is a great place to do so.
    Welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar