• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hi My Best Friend of Nineteen Years Has PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole

Learning
My name is Nicole.
I am Becvan's friend. We been through a lot in the last twenty years. She had but was not diagnosed with PTSD when we met. I'm here to support her in what ever way possible, to understand more about what she has and to help by explaining what works for us as far as dealing with the chaos that comes with this disorder. I have a diploma and am just one thesis shy of my master's in human psychology so to say the least I find humans interesting and Bec's life has been very interesting to say the least. I have become the only "family" that she can rely on without fail. I am one of the few that accept her disorder. Her real family doesn't and I've dealt with them on plenty of occasions(crazy all of them). Bec and I first met when she was fourteen. I've come to understand that sometimes I need to leave her alone and other times its quite obvious that she needs a gentle push. It's taken a long time to figure what needs to be done when and I still don't have it right all the time LOL . Thanks for reading.
Cole

Hey Nic.

Glad your here and my sane family! Can't say muich righ t now as I'm a f'king mess.. so I'll catch ya later.

love bec

i am so glad bec has a good friend like you. i am sure it is a blessing to her.
welcome to the forum,
cathy

As Bec and I first butted heads here I know she can be a pain (never me hee hee)... But I came away with a good friend who helps me too. I am glad she has you.

Hey Cole
Welcome aboard.
Glad to hear that Bec has such a good friend supporting her & walking the journey with her.

Hi Cole,

Welcome to the forum. Glad Bec has a good friend to stick by her. Makes all the difference in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back