1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hi My Best Friend of Nineteen Years Has PTSD

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Cole, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cole

Cole Active Member

My name is Nicole.
    I am Becvan's friend. We been through a lot in the last twenty years. She had but was not diagnosed with PTSD when we met. I'm here to support her in what ever way possible, to understand more about what she has and to help by explaining what works for us as far as dealing with the chaos that comes with this disorder. I have a diploma and am just one thesis shy of my master's in human psychology so to say the least I find humans interesting and Bec's life has been very interesting to say the least. I have become the only "family" that she can rely on without fail. I am one of the few that accept her disorder. Her real family doesn't and I've dealt with them on plenty of occasions(crazy all of them). Bec and I first met when she was fourteen. I've come to understand that sometimes I need to leave her alone and other times its quite obvious that she needs a gentle push. It's taken a long time to figure what needs to be done when and I still don't have it right all the time LOL . Thanks for reading.
    Cole

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hey Nic.

Glad your here and my sane family! Can't say muich righ t now as I'm a f'king mess.. so I'll catch ya later.

love bec

4. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

i am so glad bec has a good friend like you. i am sure it is a blessing to her.
    welcome to the forum,
    cathy

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Welcome Cole. Kudos for taking the time to give a s***.

6. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

As Bec and I first butted heads here I know she can be a pain (never me hee hee)... But I came away with a good friend who helps me too. I am glad she has you.

7. jods

jods Well-Known Member

Hey Cole
    Welcome aboard.
    Glad to hear that Bec has such a good friend supporting her & walking the journey with her.

8. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi Cole,

Welcome to the forum. Glad Bec has a good friend to stick by her. Makes all the difference in the world.

9. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Nicole, welcome to the forum and look forward to reading you around the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar