• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hi, New Here and a Little Scared - PTSD Since 1985

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill47

New Here
I am new to this forum and a little concerned about disclosing too much, I have been diagnosed with PTSD since 1985, some treatment and a little more understanding of it. Not sure what else to put in public.

Welcome to the forum, Bill. Just put what you are comfortable with to start and as you get to know people you may find yourself loosening up a little more over time.

Hi Bill, welcome to the forum. As veiled said, it really is a community effort, not a private and confidential one. We cater for all, so as you become more confident with the community, post more as you desire. You are in control of what you post here.

Hi Bill and Ed. I thought I was the record holder here (1982). Welcome to the forum. Everybody is here to help each other free of charge. Where else can you get a deal like that.

Welcome all new comers,
Hugs to you & your families. As you already know this isn't an easy road to travel. We here within the forum read what you write. If you don't want us to know you don't have to write it down within. There is a section in Trauma Diaries that is for private use, check it out. All walks of life have PTSD here, it don't not seem to be a very particular beast, it seems to take on any body any where, any time.
Just remember you are not alone.

Take Care & good luck to you & your families.

Hi Bill and Ed. I thought I was the record holder here (1982). Welcome to the forum. Everybody is here to help each other free of charge. Where else can you get a deal like that.

Hehe, I think Ed beat me by about nine years.. mine was around 1979 LOL...

Nice to meet you both Bill and Ed. Welcome to the forum..

Bec

Just want to welcome you here Bill...and hope you find what you need. Hope you get past your concern, post and let us get to know you. PTSD Sucks! Sharing helps me so much. I keep doing it bc sharing my trauma and today's feelings and conditions unlodges, shifts and rearranges my state of mind for me. On the up end, I end up thinking more intell. on broader subjects more often, and fears have dropped from me, even this early in my process, leaving me with plenty more to drop throughout the rest of my work; lol, Just one of the rewards I'm already experiencing, far more frequently, and most likely bc I do challenge myself, outside of my comfort zone. Bill I've had PTSD for far too long also, and there is hope, despite all that we sometimes become convinced of. I hope to hear from you and see you around Bill, and Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back