• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hi... Newly Diagnosed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. Chains

New Here
Hi everyone... I was recently diagnosed and have been having a hard time with accepting the truth. While things are beginning to make sense about myself, i keep hearing that voice in my head saying that I need to stop overreacting. I have unknowingly been dealing with PTSD most of my adult life. I am looking for other people to talk to besides this therapist and my husband. My husband also has been diagnosed with PTSD and the last two years have really been focused on him and getting him happier and healthier. I recently was the victim of sexual battery at work and my reaction is what sent me to therapy and eventually here. I hope to find some real world answers for so many questions. I am also looking to hopefully find other women with similar issues. Thank you in advance for your time...

Welcome @Mrs. Chains !!! The roller coaster of denial is all part of PTSD. So, you are not making anything up, and yes, it is serious, and hope you find answers here.
Most all of us have some sort of sexual abuse, the men also... very forthcoming conversations here to help on our healing journey.
We don't have 'trigger' warnings here so you will have to learn what you can read and what you can't, or may be able to get back to later.
We have people from all over the world here, and to know someone across the ocean that feels the same way I do, whether it be pain or new healing relief, is priceless. We are never alone again unless we choose to be.
We also have some fun threads here too... we need distraction at times, and they are very funny and enjoyable.
So,with all that being said, hope you find what you need here, to help on your healing journey.... sending gentle hugs of welcome if you accept.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums :hug: I hope this place helps you. It's very useful because of the bulk amount of people who feel similar and understand. There is a lot of advice and support to be found here :) I hope that this amazing community helps you as much as it helped me, reading all the similar stories, and learning a lot along the way. Hugs if you accept :hug:

Welcome to the forum Hun. I have PTSD and have a suspicion that my fiance might as well. I was diagnosed in March and I'm still getting used to what it means for me. Good luck to you- I hope you find the answers you're looking for.

@Mrs. Chains Welcome to the forum! :)

I hope you find the information and support here beneficial to your own healing. The best part about this forum is that you are among people who really understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back