1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

HI People - PTSD For 10 Years

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by She Cat, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

I have had PTSD for most of my life, (I guess) Well at least it seems that way. :dont-know Have done therapy, and have a pretty good handle on things. Some triggers get the best of me at times, but then if they didn't I guess I wouldn't have PTSD...

Anyway that kind of sums things up...

She cat

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Hi She Cat, welcome to the forum.

Curious, how long did therapy take for you to get your symptoms under control and what types of therapies did you try/use?

bec

4. She Cat

Hi Bev,

I did 2 years of extensive therapy wit a PTSD trained therapist. I had years of therapy previous, but none of the therapist were specialized in PTSD. All in all I probably had 10 yrs, but the last 2 were the only ones that ever worked. He was a terrific therapist. Mine was talk therapy. We had discussed regression therapy, but the top shrink at the hospital decided that it wasn't best for me to "Go Back" He felt that with the trauma I had recalled, was enough, and was afraid that I may not be able to handle anymore.

Don actually taight me things to cope, things I could do to calm myself down, techniques to help get to sleep, grounding, stress reduction, how to set boundaries, how to trust your gut feelings, and things I have now forgotten. He was a terrific therapist. To bad he decided to go into drug rehab and is now the head of our local rehab center. Well I am sure the people there are glad to have him, but I miss him.....I do call him on occasion when I have needed too, and I have his cell, and home phone # but have never used them. Hopefully will never need to.

Thanks for the welcome....

She cat

5. hodge

hodge I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome, She cat.

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome to the forum she cat....

7. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Just dropping in to say glad you joined us Cat.

8. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome, She Cat.

9. She Cat

Thanks for the welcome.......

I am so glad that this forum is open to discussion to all aspects of PTSD. I am glad that we can express ourselves, share, and even say how our days were. Knowing this is such an open place has lifted some of the stress that I had before joining.

Thanks for being here.....

She cat

10. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

Just now getting a chance to Welcome you She Cat. I've seen your posts throughout the forum and glad to have you with us. You've been a strong and helpful prescence here since you've joined and would like to say thank you. You've already, and perhaps unknowingly, have shared much comfort and hope here. I do wish the same support, comfort and continuing hope for you too. She Cat, my best to you.

Hope

11. pandora

pandora I'm a VIP

Welcome to the forum!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar