1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hi - Recent PTSD Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by LittleRedGolfToo, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleRedGolfToo

LittleRedGolfToo New Member

I'm an active duty Reservist who was recently diagnosed with Chronic PTSD. My doctor recommended some group therapy stuff and some voodoo light desensitization thing. I bailed out on both of them, but now I know I need help. I guess I'm here to see how others heal, because I just don't know how to get better.:frown:

DMerish likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

EMDR? The light voodoo? Welcome to the board. You can see how some heal, how some drag their feet. Goes both ways. But the tools are certainly here to help you heal if you use what works for you. Hope to see you around.

DMerish likes this.
  4. willing

willing Active Member

Welcome. Baby steps..that's it.

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Wlcome to the forum.

6. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

welcome to the forum little red.
    cathy

7. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Welcome Little red!

bec

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome golftoo... the biggest thing you could have done, you just have, by knowing you need help. The biggest hurdle ovecome... well done. Healing is about finding yourself, its about turning every stone within your past that hides negative emotion, surfacing it, then dealing with it once and for all. PTSD thrives on fear and negative emotion... so to remove the symptoms, you must remove the core of the problem, trauma. The only problem with PTSD though, is that once it is present, its not just about the trauma suffered that gave you PTSD, now all past trauma and negative stigma affects your current ability to function. The best thing you can do, is start talking it all out, see what comes up, and what can be resolved to help you understand your own trauma, hopefully allowing you to understand yourself.

DMerish likes this.
  9. vcc123

vcc123 Active Member

Hi Red

Welcome.. I'm new here too.. pretty much the same feeling about treatments as you. Although I haven't had anyone recommend voodoo stuff.. hey, at this point I'll try anything. The best thing about this forum is that you have found people like yourself. You dont need to feel like you're crazy and no one 'gets it'. The people here get it. I've been on the forum for about 3 days now.. and I at the very least feel, not quite so alone anymore. Hang in there.

DMerish likes this.
  10. Theresa

Theresa New Member

Welcome! There's lots here to read about, learn about, think about. Some good people, too.

11. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

Red: there are quite a few threads in PTSD Chat, I believe, that are about EMDR and when it works and when it doesn't. I would suggest reading through them to get a better idea of it. Also there is a thread on EMDR in the PTSD section of the Information section.

bec

12. wildcritter44

wildcritter44 Active Member

:smile: Little Red,

Welcome --- you are no longer ALONE.........There are a bunch of folks here.

Hugs

D (wildcritter)

DMerish likes this.
  13. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Hi Little Red, welcome aboard. I'm glad you've found us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar