1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hi - Suffer PTSD and Looking for Help

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ginger Bush, Jun 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger Bush

Ginger Bush New Member

Hi people,

I suffer from PTSD and wanted to join a group where other's understood about the disorder. I'm glad to find this board and look forward to meeting others here.

Thanks,

Ginger

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Ginger,

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us and that your chatting about your PTSD.

How did you get PTSD, and how long have you had it now?

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Hello Ginger..welcome. Glad you are here!
    Nam

5. piglet

piglet Well-Known Member

Hey Ginger! Welcome aboard.

6. YoungAndAngry

YoungAndAngry Well-Known Member

Hey Ginger! Welcome!

7. Socks

Socks New Member

Welcome

Hi Ginger,
    Welcome to the forum and you will find it of help.

Socks

8. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

You don't have to tell us what happened if you don't want to. I still get the shakes when I speak or type about mine....

So....how are you doing today?

9. Blackhorse

Blackhorse New Member

Hello Ginger: Welcome. I'm in PTSR right now at the Va in Minneapolis. You may want to check out your local VA and see if there a group to join there.

10. anthony

Hi Blackhorse, welcome aboard. Glad to have you here, and look forward to chatting with you, in general and about PTSD hopefully, if your up to it.

What is PTSR at the VA? I understand your location, and I think VA is referring to Veteran Affairs, which at a guess could mean that PTSR is a VA hospital maybe??? Sorry, I am not full bottle on the USA as such, but always keen to learn more about the country.

11. Blackhorse

Blackhorse New Member

Hello Back to U. I’m sorry that I wasn’t to clear about my post. :crazy: PTSR is Post Traumatic Stress Recovery. VA is the Minneapolis VA Medical center.

12. anthony

Are... thanks for that. So what put you in their then? Apart from the obvious that you have PTSD... Is PTSD pretty new to you, and has overwhelmed you to say the least? Hospitals.... never really have liked them myself, and managed to avoid them with PTSD... just at time... but avoided them.

So how is recovery going? I hope your doing a bit better now than you obviously where going into the centre?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar