• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Undiagnosed Hi, sufferer of c-ptsd and rage issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanfox

New Here
Hey, I'm cyanfox, and I'm a college student who needs some extra support right now. I've recently come to terms with my issues and realize that it's massively impacting my life now.
I can't focus in class, have worsening depression, flasbacks, anger issues, ocd, and paranoid issues. I'm also dealing with Aspergers syndrome and I have another account on a different forum for that, but it's not enough.

Another thing I must add, is that I don't like being touched, hugged, kissed, or touched anywhere on the front of my body. It sounds like sexual abuse, but I don't remember any serious accounts of abuse aside from a failed attempt at grooming by a now deceased family member.
I currently despise being a woman, with low body strength, easily grope-able parts, and being less likely to be taken seriously. I've been considering going as far as cross-dressing into men's clothes so I'll feel less vulnerable and look more androgynous so I won't be an obvious target by attackers on the street.
I'm on meds, but only for mild depression, ocd, and anxiety, and I feel like they're not helping.
I even have a small fear that I might be developing schizophrenia due to a family history of it and this vague concept of my thoughts not being private. It's so much to worry about.

Hi @Cyanfox, welcome to the forums!

Have you discussed your concerns with the doctor prescribing the meds and/or a therapist? It’s possible a need change may be needed and they might be able to help significantly to reduce your suffering.

It can be scary to face possible diagnoses, but I’d be very careful of self diagnosis of major mental health conditions.

School comes with its own bundle of stressors and the challenges of school could be contributing to symptoms spiking. I’d also suggest looking into any supports your school may have, if you haven’t done so already.

Last edited:
Argh, I’m so sorry I spelled your username wrong. :( My bad.

Looks like you are taking some good steps in the right direction. The more you can share with the therapist, the better they can help.

In the meantime, developing a toolbox of healthy coping tools may help weather this storm a little better.

DBT self help is a good site with a lot of coping tools that can help with a variety of symptoms. In particular, some of it might help you with the rage and anger issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back