• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

New Here
Hi I'm new here.
I was recently diagnosed with ptsd and I really need to talk to someone about what happened to me. I try to forget it but it's so hard I keep getting told to just move on but I can't. I'm gonna be going for counselling soon...again. I went for counselling in the past and it didn't work so I kept everything inside. I don't know what to do I'm tired of the nightmares and flashbacks. Please....help. I need to talk to someone who won't just say "and how do you feel about that?"

Welcome, @Gaara. I'm glad you found the forum - you'll be able to connect with many people here who understand what PTSD is, and how different it can be at different times. One thing that might help would be to read this link: Link Removed It has a good explanation of the different kinds of therapies. Maybe the one you did before wasn't right for you.

it can be overwhelming to know where to start - just read threads, make posts, ask questions. You'll connect with other sufferers in no time.

Welcome. This is a great place to find support. There is a section where you can write about your traumas by creating a trauma diary. That is a great place to get thoughts out and people can choose to respond to those or not. You can also post in the regular threads about more specific things that you want support or feedback for. I hope you can find some support here, I know I have!

Welcome,
Try and use your therapy and get it all out of your system, I know it's hard but it's the only way to reduce what you are going through

Hello, and a very warm welcome to you. Introduction responses are usually brief. If you want more elaborate responses, you might post your questions in a second post.

From what I can tell, regarding your situation, you are doing everything right; moving towards counseling and talking to someone. When you come upon the 'right' person, you will probably feel related to, in the way that you desire. Even with the right person, it may take a few visits to see if you and the T are a good fit.

Talking about trauma takes some practice-at least it did with me. to develop the safety to put feels to words, to speak the words, to hang out with whatever feelings I evoked with my words, to sit in front of someone, to risk their responses to me, and to risk being triggered. As therapy is set up, you can plan on some discomfort. You might make a back-pocket plan, up front, with your therapist, of what to do, if you don't feel like coming back.

(I was so tense and felt so much humiliation, that I walked out of my first private counseling session, and my first group session. It took me years to go back.)

Google books that help clients be assertive, during first appointments. The trauma side-effects do decrease over time, with the right help. And maybe call a Crisis Line, to start practicing connecting to people? (Most people on the Crisis Lines, have needed counseling before, or have family members who needed counseling.)

(I was so tense and felt so much humiliation, that I walked out of my first private counseling session, and my first group session. It took me years to go back.)

Good luck!

@Gaara Welcome to the forum!

One of the best benefits of this site is being among other people that really understand what you are experiencing. I hope you find the information and support here beneficial to your healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back