1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Hobbies and a Motorbike

Discussion in 'Social' started by madjon, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. madjon

madjon Active Member

i got to play with my bike on the weekend, i find working on a restoration keeps me busy it gives my hands and mind something to do, something which is fairly straight forward most of the time and not too stressful, a hobby, restoring a bike gives me a chance to spend time thinking about building something, of turning a rusty old wreck which doesnt work into a machine that shows the way it was , a kind of mechanical resurrection from old wreck to working machine, im sure someone will find an allegory in there somewhere,
    but a hobby to unwind with and to take the mind off things for a while no matter what it is , is a good thing, i used to do a lot of gardening and love green spaces, unfortunately i no longer have a garden and im away from home at the moment and i find that sitting around with no mental stimulation leads to boredom and restlessnes and that helps bring me down again, so a hobby of whatever sort which gives you something to do can help a lot,something to do can help earth you and bring back some sense of a known quantity in life, anyways have almost finished the project now, and will look forward to riding it some more later in the year,
    but what hobbies do you have? what would you like to have a go at?
    has anything ever caught your eye and you've thought, i wonder if i could have a go at it?

Attached Files:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

That bike is awesome looking. Very unique, we don't see bikes like that EVER around here. A great hobby and project for you.

I crochet blankets, even though I am very slow at it.

4. madjon

madjon Active Member

crochet blankets are cool, they do take a long time to do, i did a patchwork one a few years ago using up some bits of material, cant remeber what happened to it though, i do a fair amount of sewing, yip a man who can sew and make clothes and things, im multi talented :wink: , i make a lot of historical items for display making them as near as possible to their historical counterpart, its also handy for buttons and tears and things, i take a fair bit of time on some projects not because they are neccesarily difficult but because i put them down and it takes a while for me to get back to them again, and my hands arent what they used to be.

5. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Cool bike, madjon!!

I've always written. Well, with the exception of the last three years I've always written. After my father and sister died, the desire to write just seemed to be turned off. Recently, I've begun to reread my stories. I'm hoping that this will help respark some desire to start writing again.