1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Holiday Time - Its Getting Worse

Discussion in 'General' started by citypersonof2, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citypersonof2

citypersonof2 New Member

Holidays have always been very hard. As the time gets closer, I am having more trouble coping. I get no relief from anywhere. Problems at home, work everything. I just want to go to bed and stay there. But then I wake up in the middle of the night and I cant breathe and just lay there and start thinking too much. Thinking about financial and personal problems. I know once I get through the holidays things will get better. It's hard when you have kids and you dont want to let them see you upset or stressed. I have to let them know that we will be okay. They worry too much about me already. I just want them to have a good childhood. I just have to keep telling myself that things will work out and concentrate on the positive and not on the negative anymore. I cant worry about the stuff I cant control any longer.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. hollyberry

hollyberry Active Member

this holiday period is really hard for me.. not because of ptsd but because Im a store manager. Actually I hate xmas. My work load doubles, my staff doubles and my sales double. I run a national dollar store. Normally sales are about $55000 in 1 dollar items. Last week we went to $65000. This week it will probably hit $80000. Week befor xmas we will do $125,000 of $1 items. This year is really going to be challenging, my ptsd is alive and kicking my butt. (since 10/8) Just need to get it my emotions under controll, so I can get back to work.

4. citypersonof2

citypersonof2 New Member

We just need to use one foot at a time and just get through it. One day at a time. The more we keep busy, the more we can just concentrate on just getting it over with. At this time of the year I just want to lock myself in my room and not deal with anything. But, I have to work to make a living and feed my kids. I just tend to do everything super early in the morning so I come in contact with less people. The problem is your job is about working with the public. I dont know how I could deal with the public. What I have done in the past when I was at work is take a bathroom break and lock myself in the bathroom for 15 minutes, it takes me out of the situation and allows me time to calm down if I am having an anxiety attack. Or putting cold water on my face and doing breathing excercises. I dont take medication so it takes a long time to calm down. I also try to use my work as an excape from everything. Everyones situation and PTSD levels are different so what may work with me may not work for the next person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar