• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Homesickness And Attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killashandra

Confident
Hi all,

This is just a discussion about homesickness and attachment.
My girl came home from a 9 day camp yesterday, when it came to bed time she felt a bit sick.. I went to her side and gave her a hug and everything you do for a sick child.. I made a hottie (hot wheat bag) got her a drink and gave her cuddles. . we went through the possibilities of why she was feeling sick, she is on the autism spectrum and we need to routinely go through logically what might cause the unsettled feeling I her tummy.. I asked questions and she opened up and said she had cried herself to sleep nearly every night at camp becasue she really missed us and thought something terrible might happen to her dad and mom,
After she cried in my arms and her daddy's arms she felt better and we reassured her that it wouldn't be her fault just becasue she went away if anything did happen.. we love her too and missed her etc etc.

I Googled homesickness this morning and found that homesickness is more of an seperation anxiety .. attachments at home that cause homesickness.. which got me thinking.. as a CPTSD sufferer I don't get homesick for my family.. only for my husband and daughter but I don't go away anyways.
My daughter on the other hand has no PTSD.. I have tried my darnedest to assure that she is safe and happy, everything I wasn't given as a child. nuturing, self confidence etc.

I was wondering if any other suffererers suffer from homesickness? or seperation attachment? and what do you think causes it for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back