• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hope Sharing Will Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dana

New Here
don't know anyone in my world with ptsd, friends and family say it's all in my head, maybe have bipolar, i know they don't understand ptsd,and i try to understand that with them, but doesn't make it easy to communicate with them, spend most of my time alone, and yes, I do that is not healthy too, but I trust no one, so it is easier and harder to be alone. I decided to join as a member,hoping that communicating with people with the same illness, will help me better deal with my ptsd. Was diagnoised with ptsd in 2003, was in therapy for only 2 months,had to relocate, am starting therapy in 2 weeks,do we discuss the details causing the illness?

Welcome!

Glad you found us, Dana! Look around this forum and you will find others like yourself; you certainly are not alone! We all are here because we have PTSD or are carers of someone who has it. Many people like your family don't understand our illness, so they dismiss it. I am so happy for you that you are going to start therapy soon because it means that you know that there is a problem and you want help with it. We can't get through life without asking for help from those who have talents that we don't have ourselves. Welcome to the best forum on the net!

2quilt

Welcome Dana,

I am sure this site will help you, there is so much information and sharing with others does help. You are not alone ! Seeking help is the first step to better yourself ! And you have taken that first step, don't give up :)

My bf has PTSD and has been in therapy and is on medication for the past 3 years. He is getting better, slowly but surely. He does have his bad days, and even bad moments and I am here so I can understand and help him more !

Many people don't understand this disorder and are even afraid of it. Maybe in time you can share this site with your family so they can learn and educate themselves and finally come to accept that PTSD does exist.

Good Luck !

welcome! yes, i think sharing this with your family would rock. hope you feel good around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back