• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Hopeful Hobbies

• Thread starter Deleted member 24866
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 24866

Similarly to the workout thread, which I love when I am in dedication to that and meaning to return to my workout, it is nice for perceived accountability and perhaps could inspire others to do some fun things. Perhaps I am just in the mood for some good news for this beautiful community. Occupational and creative therapies are great tools also so I see this as appropriate here for our well being.

What hobbies are you into where are you at and what are you working on.. other than strictly finding out "whats wrong" with you.

Personally very happy with progress with guitar, I was able to write 2 songs last night and I really like them. I found it healing and have been crocheting a lot lately making Christmas presents. Both actions seem therapeutic in various ways my focus is on, despite my isolation.

Also enjoy electronics, carpentry, auto mechanics, amateure radio, gardening man the list goes on. But what about you all? As iron sharpens iron we can foster our skills and healing simultaneously. (Hopefully)

A lot of people have the same complaint of a lack of friends so this also I pray serves meeting people with common interests. God bless.

Ok, guess I am having a hard time directing energies into productive matters, frankly my fingers are sore from the guitar, but I am so excited about it. I wrote a song long ago the only one my memory commited about being raped, the music is reflective of running and pleading in a hopeful sorrow that to me pieces a bit as a prayer. Yesterday I wrote a song that would gather the fragments of my latest battle in trauma and with PSTD for the last 3 years or so which I feel a dawn is breaking mostly despite the isolation. It is tumultuous with some alarming slides like a storm. I really like it.. It is nice as I have played a long time and my strength does not come natural but it seems to be at a point where my skill and creativity may be taking off being much more familiar now with the full fretboard, and strong enough to do barrs. Slides drastically improving and hammer ons / pull offs. I try to get multiple lines a bass, rhythm, and high soaring voice and may try to work into some percussive taps also given time. I like middle easterns and latin scales a lot.. but thus far have practiced other peoples work. So the creative aspect and actual memorization and song structures emerging are very good news. No one cares.. so anyway. LOL I just have to pretend anyone does. Makes me happier.. lol Also.. I prefer metal music and have a strong classical background so the majority but not all songs I am writing have some dissonance, darkness and depth of emotion. One song is kina happy.. now prayers for more memory.

I'd say I'm passionate about maths and sport really. Since they both just take up my time and they really do help with the frequency of flashbacks and what not. So glad to find something I was interested in though. Font know where I'd be without them.

Thanks Rez5023. You also. Math can be amazing for certain. I always loved it, and chemistry. Physical chemistry oh man.. Hope to return to school. Sci-fy fascinates me a bit. I know its a stretch but did you hear they are now turning Chinas smog into diamonds. ( I sometimes seem borderline autistic - I have 300 text books) Anyhow I had proposed a similar thing for the sake of environmental cleaning efforts carbon and methane, knowing Uranus atmosphere produces diamonds from methane. I did not think these pressures would safely be attainable here, but I see they are doing it! Shows my lack of training understanding enough physical chemistry but the idea was spot on. Someone knows math and they are going to save the world. Respect. Amatuer radio also was a cool into to some physics and a bit of math. What type of math do you do? And sports.. I am just literally on my day off and hanging out right now needing more coffee. As far as sports I kind of like boxing and martial arts but have never had the time to watch and follow them. I know people are definitely passionate about them. BUt alas I do not watch to much on television, radio, and internet mainly.

Wow, 2 songs in one night? That's excellent! I want to learn to crochet too, it sounds like it is soothing.

I love the outdoors and animals. I also have chronic pain from spine arthritis. I'm limited in what I can do, but I have a veggie garden, a perennial garden, and dwarf fruit trees and berry bushes. I have 12 hens and a rooster, 2 mastiffs, and two cats. I built a chicken coop out of a metal shed, another one out of a shipping crate, and my son built my first coop as part of his senior project.

I am slowly landscaping my backyard, with help from my son (for the heavy stuff), and I'm at a stall right now. I also like to find free furniture and redo it. I am starting a new hobby with mosaic tiles, but that will be more for the winter. I will sit on my beautiful back porch with my fireplace and create. In the winter I also scrapbook, and I make myself a necklace or bracelet when the mood strikes.

Who's next? Does anyone do fairy gardens. I don't buy I just found a pin on Pinterest that shows miniature stone houses that are adorable!

Oh man. I love gardening also. I just currently have a patio garden in my first year here. Experimental I suppose. Trying to use vertical space to make best use. I am jealous of your gardens ! My best gardening efforts where when I was married I raised a spring bed selling produce and earned money for a development project (20 ton container of aid to the poor). My most proud moment of my life- God blessed it. I then also had a cold frame that grew into December in the cold and snow.

Also loving crafts- you also inspire. Awesome Dharma girl.

I sold produce last year, and this year I planted all the seedlings that came up and I take produce and eggs to the food bank. The are in need since there I so many needy people around here including me. I get a food box once a month of canned stuff, and I try to give back as much in fresh stuff. It makes me feel like I am still contributing to society.

I will think about potential ways to record, I really have nothing to do that and afraid I may be still clueless to all that now but this would also be good feedback. All I have now is a small digital recorder meant for meetings, Lol. But thanks.. I feel there may be a market for the type of thing not that I can at this time ever see myself as a performer. It would be nice to get over. I just developed performance anxiety as a kid when at a piano recital my sister sabotaged me giving me the sheet music one day prior as I had missed lessons being sick. I went and stumbled through terribly. The only person that clapped was my dad and it was humiliating. LOL funny- but now I am scared to be in front of a group. It would be nice to get over someday maybe. I am not sure. But I am with you in the need for the "voice" of representation as music can be very healing and I feel what is there right now does not always serve my healing well enough. Ce la vie.

That is wonderful. I in the past also donated plants to charity. We have two very nice charities that will accept and distribute fresh produce. Wish I could do more. Sometimes I buy plants such as strawberries, grapes, raspberries, and fruit trees planting them on relatives property in hopes if I ever have land I can take back my initial investment or for part of the yield. I appreciate it but they do not have as vested of an interest as I do for the sake of canning, freezing and helping with the food budget. Sounds like you have a very beautiful set up.

This is a great idea for a thread. I am a homebody and have had so many various interests. I made sea shell and driftwood mobiles and sold a few and gave them away as gifts.

I used to be into crocheting afghans but it is not my cup of tea anymore.

I had a farm in the early years of my marriage and we had horses and so many other animals plus a huge garden and I canned so many vegetables and made jams.

When we sold our farm, we moved to the mountains and completely landscaped our yard and totally transformed it into a place of beauty. I had a gazillion plants in the house and had a passion for making terrariums and giving them away as gifts.

I am now living in an apartment since my husband died and I have a tiny back yard and have spent the last year getting rid of all of the weeds.

I love succulents and cactus plants and have a mini garden of them in my backyard. I am loving reading fiction and non fiction books and watching youtube videos. I have a hobby of collecting movies on dvd.

I love to write letters to my family what is left of it and so enjoy my two grandkids and have them over for visits as often as I can.

I have more but I do not want to be excessive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back