• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News House Of Cards...the Bbc, Saville, The Waterhouse Report And Haut De La Garenne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Springer80

MyPTSD Pro
In the recent media frenzy surrounding Jimmy Saville (formerly O.B.E.), through which emerged the complicity of silence which included members of the BBC in decades of abuse it has transpired that celebrities and allegedly politicians used their authority to gain access to children's home to use these institutions as 'shops' for their perversions.

The government has now instructed that the Waterhouse report into widespread abuse in children's homes in North Wales and separate instances on the Isle of Jersey are to be re-opened.

We are now investigating the investigations.

The question I want to debate is this....Anyone who has suffered sexual crime will understand that by it's very nature it hides in plain sight. By which I mean if the people who are hunting are afraid of what they might find....what is exactly the point of investigations which deny the denial of anything too unsavory.

The UK has before it an opportunity to free generations past and to come from shame. Will we take it? I am doubtful.

It is insidious. As long as perpertrators hold their victims in silence they get away with it. I think the public is starting to get educated and enlightened and are more watchful. But woe when it is a big organization that has so much invested in cover ups. I think it is a big shame. But in the US almost everyday they are starting to catch teachers and coaches.

Our children are the least protected resource. We had a good friend of the family who molested my son the one time he babysat him. He ended up in jail with over fifty victims. My son never told us because he was told if he said anything he would kill my sons parents. It took me putting two plus two together and asking my son point blank. I then proceeded to go to the police and got my son the best therapist.

This perpertrator was so good with kids. We placed our trust in him. What a lethal mistake that was. This stuff is just heartbreaking.

I hope the investigation unearths so much truth.

I think the public is starting to get educated and enlightened and are more watchful. But woe when it is a big organization that has so much invested in cover ups. But almost everyday in the US they are starting to catch teachers and coaches.

I think the general public's perception of abuse is becoming more sophisticated as and when large cases enter the news long enough to create a non-sensationalist debate. In these moments, if the severity of coverage shows negligence on behalf of public agency, we may get an investigation and a policy change here or there. Bur once the current round of policy amendments are made and the media glare goes away again everyone is at liberty to return to the state of ignorance that is the most convenient for their own security. THAT is the issue we need to talk about. The unpalatable truth of what happens when you expose anyone of status, which in a child's case is any adult really.The act is t is easy to deny the truth if its comes from the 'weaker' party than stand up to stronger and in so doing attempt to rupture a status quo which as an adult you often are dependent on.

So I take your point about large organizations protecting their own interests but I think the corporate angle on this is being used as a willful blindfold to the structure of our cultural fabric.

For instance, I've heard a woman who's daughter was being molested by her grandfather use excuses to pardon him because she didn't want to be ostracized from the remaining part of her apparently functional family.

My own parent denies that sending me to a man she knew was a rapist was a risk because she didn't think he would do it to me.

My family member of mine founded FACT (False Allegations about Carers and Teachers) in the wake of the original Waterhouse report but didn't even know about one of his own children's and grandchildrens abuse. They did know however about one of their child's pregnancy as a teenager, caused by a man who 'took advantage of her' at a party. They did help to cover it up and abort the baby but did they do anything about the guy?

Girls/Children are still not educated enough about the realities of owning your own body and potentially having to protect it. We used to have adverts on TV by the NSPCC (child protection agency) but even they were aimed at general public awareness and did not directly speak to children who may be being abused.

[/quote]Our children are the least protected resource. We had a good friend of the family who molested my son the one time he babysat him. It took me putting two plus two together and asking my son point blank. I then proceeded to go to the police and got my son the best therapist.

This perpertrator was so good with kids. We placed our trust in him. This stuff is just heartbreaking.[/quote]

Hi Gizmo, I'm so sorry that happened to your boy, I suppose it is a bitter/sweet saving grace that because of your own experience you were able to percieve something was wrong and you knew the cost of not saying anything. I don't know if other people have the insight or more importantly the nerve to do whats right and the bravery to admit there own fallibility.

Thanks Springer. I appreciate the kind words. It is still a sore point for me. It devastated us all in our family. But we rebuild it and got better over time. It always affected my son. Because he later on he denied that anything had happened to him. It was very tragic. Later on he was killed in a motorcycle accident. He was am amazing guy but had such low self esteem. He always said he did not think he would live past thirty. He was thirty when he died. I miss him so much. But he is no longer tortured and tormented anymore. He had bi polar too and was always getting off his meds.

I really appreciate this thread. You are so right. Our children are our least protected resource. it just breaks my heart.

if the people who are hunting are afraid of what they might find....what is exactly the point of investigations which deny the denial of anything too unsavory.
This is what makes me laugh, as it really is completely true IMHO. Generations leave unsavoury matters alone, remaining in denial, of which a further generation then publicises as a scandal and such after the fact, even though many knew about it at the time and even reported it to authorities.

The world baffles me some days.

It devastated us all in our family. It always affected my son. Because he later on he denied that anything had happened to him. It was very tragic. Later on he was killed in a motorcycle accident. He was am amazing guy but had such low self esteem. He was thirty when he died. But he is no longer tortured and tormented anymore.

I really appreciate this thread. You are so right. Our children are our least protected resource. it just breaks my heart.

Dear Gizmo, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is beyond awful that a young man should feel so outside of society, when the actions that cause that are not his fault, that it plagues him to the edge. I think this aspect of abuse, especially sexual abuse is a unique factor in preventing people who contracted ptsd via these causes from having a healing arena.

My condolences to you and your family and peace to your son.

[DLMURL]http://uk.news.yahoo.com/cameron-warns-sexual-abuse-witch-hunt-142142569.html[/DLMURL]

And now it just gets more farcical with a daytime TV Presenter potentially damaging the opportunity for justice of victims by printing allegations off the internet and handing them to the Prime Minister on live TV.

Does anyone really care about the need to bring justice or is being alarmist about bureaucratic process and media channels a good way to create another secondary argument.

In my opinion the presenter should be arrested and at the very least cautioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back