• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How Did You Sleep Last Night?

I fell asleep in the chair last night, then I went to bed. I slept good, no dreams and I even slept in alittle.

I've been sleeping alot and having very vivid and symbolic dreams. I won't bore you with it all, however one scene and a sentence I am left with from has bamboozled me. It was roughly me and brother in some sort of house move/ belongings sorting scenario and our father was there the person who abused us. And the sentence was from me and my brother to him 'You don't trust us'.

I don't get it. It seems the wrong way round. He was in the wrong.

Last night I slept well, but the night before... anything but! It comes and it goes, this waking up and not being able to go back to sleep at 3AM. At best I only sleep 4 hours more often than I'd like to remember. Then, I need to sleep in the day sometimes to make up for it. I HATE THAT!!!

Usually it is nightmares that wake me, not often do they SEEM to have any relationship to my PTSDness, but I often wonder, since dreams are all symbolic and I really don't know much about interpretting them. Discussing them with my therapist, unless she should ask me, is out of the question, especially at the price she charges per hour!

Naps seems to have become a way of life for me, espcially since I am physically sick with Lyme Disease since 1985. It was not diagnosed until 1990, at which time I had carditis.

Then in 1991 and 1992 I had it again! Some folks I was biten by more ticks the second and third times, but I believe that the treatment was not deep enough nor long enough to rout it out the first time!

Either way, once one goes for so long untreated with it, one has it for life to some extent. So! I'm on Social Security Disability and can at least take naps often because I am usually tired and over-tired most of the time.

I slept good. No dreams and no nightmares. what a relief. I got up feeling out of it though.

Back