• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How Did You Sleep Last Night?

Woke up about 3. Had a lot of early memories wizzing around my brain that I couldn't write in my trauma diary, even though I wanted to. I was up at a friend's place in the hills; no internet coverage. I ended reading a bit of my new book What doesn't kill you; the new psychology of posttraumatic growth and doing some zentagling. The zentagling really helped settle my mind and I slept well until morning after that.

Thank you @Disco Dancing Queen for sharing about your new book's title that you are reading. I am still struggling with sleep deprivation...and I took off my cpap about 2 weeks ago because it was only making things worse. I am averaging only about 4 hours of sleep and I must take naps in the afternoon. Otherwise...I am very grateful and feeling somewhat serene and also relaxed this p.m.

Awake @ 3 a.m. and went back to sleep...up again @ 4 a.m. and decided to go ahead and start my day...WT?

I can’t even remember the last time I had a full nights sleep, I think it was a life time ago now. Between the nightmares and having to get up for a pee, (I’ve got cancer in my bladder wall, and they have fitted a “stent” to bypass it)

So, after I’ve gone 5 or 6 nights with hardly any sleep, I take a pill that gives me at least 2 or 3 hours sleep, before having to get up again? The doctor has rationed me to 5 of these pills a month, as he says they are very addictive.

Back