• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How do you get a case manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadeaway

MyPTSD Pro
I think I could benefit from one. I have asked for referrals from my Dr, and he seems to think I am talking about therapy. Therapy is great, but they don't help you life skills like how to get organized or creating a budget and making long term financial goal plans.

I need someone who can help with house and keeping track of stuff I have to do. My life skills suck, and I am always running into problems due to a lack of know knowledge. You mean if you don't use credit at all, it could stop you from getting a job or a place to live? I feel like an idot now, because I thought i was doing the right thing, but most of my big failures are because I thought i was doing something right.

Case managers seem to be a mythic entity that only exists on t.v. from what I can tell.

Case managers seem to be a mythic entity that only exists on t.v. from what I can tell.
I think you are describing a social worker.

"Life skills" is something offered to various kinds of constituencies. I think in the US, most commonly, they are targeted at people who are under-advantaged economically or socially, or are rehabilitating into society either from time spent in prison, time spent in drug/alcohol recovery, have been flagged by child protective services...social work covers a big swath of things, and these are programs that are generally under-funded, and therefore hard to find.

Are you looking for something that will be attached to your medical insurance, or any other kind of governmental/social designation, like low-income, welfare, elderly, disability....? Or is this something that you would want to do independently of those, through a volunteer or fee-based organization?

Honestly, I have no idea how to answer your question. I guess either or. I guess I am just humiliated right now due to a situation. Got the whole "didn't your mother teach you anything." They had a valid point, and it brought me back to the past, when I was a young adult and didn't know basic things like how to use a stove, apply for a job or even get utilities turned on. As simple as the utility thing seems now, my 17 year old brain didn't even think to contact the company, I was sure it had to do with the breaker box. :x3: I just found myself in a situation similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back