• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

How Do You Know When You Dissociate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@desirderata310
Now, thinking of it, I dont know how I would react to seeing another me use my body to beat someone up...

Thats the sort of shit that happens when I dissociate... If I dissociate into the agro alter

For me I stare and it's almost lol I go to sleep with my eyes open and everything is just fine until I come back and it takes me a second and I feel afraid almost when I come back but calm. Like I should n feeling something?
Sometimes my body goes numb, heavy I guess. I can move but I feel like oil in water. Then I sink away

I am not sure if it is dissociation that word was never used in my therapy but yesterday and today I did three times while driving - once I just ended up somewhere I could not work out for some time where - but not where I was going and a couple of kilometers at 80 km/hr on the highway past my intended turn, the second time in traffic and I came out of it about to plough into the back of a car -slammed on the breaks and just nudged them - soft enough to Just elicit a WTF and a rude sign from the driver and then this am completely pulled off focus by a bird I did not see a guy walking on the road - lucky he saw me and sort of jump slid over the bonnet.... I guess I am off pick and drop duty for a while. I had been avoiding attending to an expected insurance email re MMI assessment and an adverserial differential diagnosis of MDD with no PTSD symptomolgy or none that 15 more CBT sessions couldn't knock on the head - anyway injustice is a serious trigger for me and justice delayed is justice denied - so now add dangerous for me to drive to the list - do you think people with medical conditions can qualify for tax free driverless cars??

My kids also think I am never present and I can hear myself answering their questions with about a 2 minute delay - don't know if I m mdissociated distracted or just have a cognitive processing delay

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it is feeling nothing. I can do everything I need to do on a daily basis for my boys. I don'...
I relate to this. Sometimes I look up and ask,"who's been taking care of my little boys?" The answers always that I have. It's like straight auto-payment. I hope I'm giving them loving attention as well. ☹️

It's everything for "us." Loud high pitch ringing in ears, eyesight goes fuzzy, blinking increases, inability to get comfortable, inability to make any eye contact, our hands feel odd as if they have to hold onto something, shallow breathing, flight feeling/panic attack leaving us feeling claustrophobic and confused, feeling words leave our lips but having no control, ability to hear and smell things so acutely, amnesia, and on and on. I'm always dissociating and rarely does the "host" come out. Trigger after trigger, med appt rescheduled to month later, and constant turmoil day by day...it's miserable and lonely and most days, we are certain the end is near. It will get worse before any chance of getting better. And there's not a single person in real life not including my t, I pay her who knows about this- not even my husband

I looked through some of the threads and maybe this has already been posted somewhere so forgive me if I am...
What you are describing sounds similar to what my friend with seizures used to do. She never knew she was having fleeting, mini seizures until she accepted a job as a clerk at meijer. She found out because customers frequently complained she would have a blank stare and snap out of it, just like you described. I'd start with a scan of your head to see if you have this serious issue. Sorry. Not wanting to pull the alarm bell...but it sounded so similar, I thought you would want to know.

I looked through some of the threads and maybe this has already been posted somewhere so forgive me if I am...

My whole life people said I would ‘space out’ and the whole time that’s what it felt like. I feel very disconnected to emotions and my environment and feel distant. I can’t respond to questions very well and am often just giving one word answers to prove I’m not fully gone. My brother also will wave his hand in my face and my ex who also has PTSD will ask if I’m still with her which I find more helpful.

I dissociate sometimes while driving. I suddenly don't recognise where i am at and i dont know where im driving to. One time it happened to me while driving home, it felt like it lasted 10minutes , when i snapped back into reality i realized i had only been 2 minutes from home driving on the road i lived on when i snapped out of it at first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back